For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

20 Apr 2019, 15:40

Getting tired of Gattuso thinking we've played well the past several weeks. Lots of talk about "luck" and "bad officiating" and "offsides" and other excuses. Sure, we've been "unlucky", but we've also played like absolute balls for over month a now - frankly, for many months now. No fucking clue what our shape was going into the second half. We looked all over the place and lost. Rino's pushing the "throw players out there and hope they produce magic" strategy to the limits. We need structure. We need coherent tactics and game plans.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

20 Apr 2019, 22:36

Lazio losing to Chievo and Inter drawing with Roma. Once again we're relying on miracle results elsewhere.

naraku

21 Apr 2019, 02:41

LemonCookies wrote:
Lazio losing to Chievo and Inter drawing with Roma. Once again we're relying on miracle results elsewhere.

the football God's are trying to get us 4th but we are clearly not good enough to take it on our own accord. Parma have been decent this year and are trying to avoid relegation issues, but if we can't beat them when we're going for something like the CL... Management serverly fucked up not sacking Rino in January. He is still tactically clueless and let's see if he is smart enough to start Samu or continue with Borini.
Isn't it something when Hakan and Suso get chance upon chance to improve and get form /confidence yet Calabria gets benched after only a few average games? Calabria was one of our best players a lot this season.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

21 Apr 2019, 18:03

naraku wrote:
the football God's are trying to get us 4th but we are clearly not good enough to take it on our own accord. Parma have been decent this year and are trying to avoid relegation issues, but if we can't beat them when we're going for something like the CL... Management serverly fucked up not sacking Rino in January. He is still tactically clueless and let's see if he is smart enough to start Samu or continue with Borini.
Isn't it something when Hakan and Suso get chance upon chance to improve and get form /confidence yet Calabria gets benched after only a few average games? Calabria was one of our best players a lot this season.

Conti has looked shocking the past couple of games. Needs this summer to work on his body, as he's definitely not up to the pace of Serie A right now. Calabria should be starting every game until the end of the season. As you say, he's been very good this season. Still makes dumb defensive mistakes, but he really puts in some hard working shifts. Have to respect that.

As for Hakan, nothing's changed for him. Same old, same old. Suso, too. It'll be a miracle if we actually get 4th with these two being our only real creative players.

naraku

22 Apr 2019, 11:46

LemonCookies wrote:
Conti has looked shocking the past couple of games. Needs this summer to work on his body, as he's definitely not up to the pace of Serie A right now. Calabria should be starting every game until the end of the season. As you say, he's been very good this season. Still makes dumb defensive mistakes, but he really puts in some hard working shifts. Have to respect that.

As for Hakan, nothing's changed for him. Same old, same old. Suso, too. It'll be a miracle if we actually get 4th with these two being our only real creative players.

Conti has shown glimpses and as we know he's had a shocking 12-18 months of injury. So I'm a bit disappointed but like you mentioned, I hope good off season and he'll be right.

Hakan for some reason I could imagine him happy to stay and be apart of the squad-fighting to start- but Suso for some reason I can imagine him not accepting that. It might be that for a while he's been treated as better then what he really actually is. That said, I'd be more than fine to get 50-60M to sell those two.

naraku

22 Apr 2019, 11:55

Milan looking to sell Calhanoglu but hoping to avoid making a loss- CM

A move back to Germany, with RB Leipzig, has been heavily reported throughout the season.

Bakayoko redemption a priority for AC Milan

Andre Silva money was going toward that I think, but now it seems Sevilla won't redeem him. I think he is in Suso form, 2 goals since December.

Milan has not changed their mind about Gerard Deulofeu. Leonardo actually tried it in January, but Watford's demands were too high. Now he could try again in the summer.

According to what Calciomercato.com writes, contacts between the Brazilian manager and the English club remained active. Even the footballer's entourage is constantly updated with the Rossoneri club.

I like Deul but not for the 30M Watford supposedly want for him.

@seanpelucchi
#exclusive ���� the Rossoneri work under the traces for the couple #sarri and #insigne increasingly frequent contacts in recent days.

Thoughts on Sarri and then Insigne ? Insigne offer is rumoured to be 40M+ Suso.

naraku

25 Apr 2019, 11:52

Gattuso is currently at Casa Milan, according to Sky.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Sorry Gattuso but I hope you're resigning/getting sacked.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

25 Apr 2019, 22:09

I know that Sarri is a pretty stubborn coach and has won diddly poo, but he has clear ideas and knows how to set up a team to win a game. This is precisely what we lack at the moment. It's also worth noting that Ancelotti has done a worse job this season as Napoli coach than under Sarri, even though Napoli's current team is arguably better than last year.

I'm not sure if he's my first choice, but I think he would be an improvement on Rino, most definitely. I'd just worry about Bakayoko if we buy him. Not sure if Sarri would appreciate him.

naraku

26 Apr 2019, 12:10

LemonCookies wrote:
I know that Sarri is a pretty stubborn coach and has won diddly poo, but he has clear ideas and knows how to set up a team to win a game. This is precisely what we lack at the moment. It's also worth noting that Ancelotti has done a worse job this season as Napoli coach than under Sarri, even though Napoli's current team is arguably better than last year.

I'm not sure if he's my first choice, but I think he would be an improvement on Rino, most definitely. I'd just worry about Bakayoko if we buy him. Not sure if Sarri would appreciate him.

Well, Sarri is the one that let him come to us. Sarri or Conte mean we don't redeem Bakayoko not too mention all the shit the poor guy has got from the Nazio fans and Italian media the last weeks. You'd of seen reports that because of that he may not want to stay in Italy right now. I wouldn't be unhappy with Sarri.

I must admit I watched a lot of Atalanta vs Fiorentina and thoroughly enjoyed that match, It was very open and attacking and so far away from what we see lately as Milan fans. My point to that is, I'd definitely be happy to have Gasperini and I hope Atalanta trash Nazio in the final ! Fuck those pieces of shit !!

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

26 Apr 2019, 17:49

naraku wrote:
Well, Sarri is the one that let him come to us. Sarri or Conte mean we don't redeem Bakayoko not too mention all the shit the poor guy has got from the Nazio fans and Italian media the last weeks. You'd of seen reports that because of that he may not want to stay in Italy right now. I wouldn't be unhappy with Sarri.

I must admit I watched a lot of Atalanta vs Fiorentina and thoroughly enjoyed that match, It was very open and attacking and so far away from what we see lately as Milan fans. My point to that is, I'd definitely be happy to have Gasperini and I hope Atalanta trash Nazio in the final ! Fuck those pieces of shit !!

Well, with that (probably) bogus report that Bakayoko doesn't want to stay because of the recent racist shit, that'd make Sarri's entrance more feasible. But, I'd rather we buy Bakayoko and pass on Sarri. And if Conte's the alternative, that also potentially isolates Bakayoko.

If I'm completely honest, I'd want Pochettino here most of all. He'd be an absolute dream. Young? Check. Has a strong tactical sense and clear ideas? Check. Is able to go far in the CL? Check. Can win a lot of games and find success with a small-to-no budget? Check. Is classy and respectful as a human being and face of the team? Check. The only negative on Poch's resume is that he's not won anything. But neither has Sarri, and apart from Conte's first seasons as Jube and Chelsea manager, none of his throw away scudetti and cup wins after that are impressive to me, given the competition. He also failed to make much of an impact in the CL.

Gasperini would be a fairly risky appointment, even though financially he's much cheaper. His best success has been the last few years with Atalanta. I think we need someone who knows more than just one top 4 finish. We need all those things that Poch has, basically. But, I think the odds of him coming here are very slim.

naraku

28 Apr 2019, 12:00

LemonCookies wrote:
Well, with that (probably) bogus report that Bakayoko doesn't want to stay because of the recent racist shit, that'd make Sarri's entrance more feasible. But, I'd rather we buy Bakayoko and pass on Sarri. And if Conte's the alternative, that also potentially isolates Bakayoko.

If I'm completely honest, I'd want Pochettino here most of all. He'd be an absolute dream. Young? Check. Has a strong tactical sense and clear ideas? Check. Is able to go far in the CL? Check. Can win a lot of games and find success with a small-to-no budget? Check. Is classy and respectful as a human being and face of the team? Check. The only negative on Poch's resume is that he's not won anything. But neither has Sarri, and apart from Conte's first seasons as Jube and Chelsea manager, none of his throw away scudetti and cup wins after that are impressive to me, given the competition. He also failed to make much of an impact in the CL.

Gasperini would be a fairly risky appointment, even though financially he's much cheaper. His best success has been the last few years with Atalanta. I think we need someone who knows more than just one top 4 finish. We need all those things that Poch has, basically. But, I think the odds of him coming here are very slim.

I had a weird dream we got Pep as a coach. We had players like Kompany and David Silva but also Nocerino and Oddo where playing again ?? We lost 6-4 to I think Udinese..........*ahem*

Poch would be great. But like you say pretty unlikely. I'd love him to come and bring Son and Eriksen with him. That in itself probably would cost 100M + whatever we pay for Pochettino himself.
What I like about Sarri, Conte and Poch is that they will all show us more how to attack. If you think about it, we play nearly exactly how Gattuso himself used to. Relatively good defensive with trying to have heart, blood and soul. But we're shithouse in the final 3rd just like he was. I'd be stunned if I read Rino scored more than 10 goals in his career.

I still hope we go after JArdim as well.

naraku

28 Apr 2019, 12:11

Probable formation - Gattuso returns to 4-3-3 against Torino but Cutrone is in attack. Paquetà returns in midfield

Gennaro Gattuso returns to 4-3-3, after the failed 3-5-2 attempt deployed in the Coppa Italia against Lazio. However, Canon Milan will not be the one who will face Torino tomorrow night. The Rossoneri coach will try to focus on Patrick Cutrone's determination and competitive rage to look for the team's lack of soul in recent weeks. The presence of the class of '98 instead of Piatek will, in fact, be the main training novelty in view of the challenge against the Granata.

ACCOUNTS FOR CALABRIA - In addition to Cutrone, there will also be room for defense against Torino in defense. During the return of the Italian Cup semi-final against Lazio, Gattuso lost Calabria, which was released after a match in progress for what turned out to be a fibula fracture. Instead of the number 2, Andrea Conti will take the field. Moreover, despite the full recovery of Cristian Zapata, alongside Romagnoli Musacchio will still play while Rodrguez will be confirmed in the left lane.

RETURN OF PACE - After almost a month, the last presence dates back to April 2 in Milan-Udinese, Lucas Paquetà will be back on the field. The Brazilian, summoned both for the match against Parma and for the one against Lazio, has not found space but will be there on Sunday. The former Flamengo will complete the midfield trident with Kessie and Bakayoko.

PIATEK IN THE BENCH - For the first time since his debut as a starter in the Rossoneri, Piatek will not start from the first minute. Gennaro Gattuso tries to give the team a turn by removing the striker who after dragging Milan in the run-up to a valid placement for access to the next Champions League has appeared tarnished in the last games. In its place, space for the young Cutrone who, once again, will try to make the most of his chance. The '98 will play in the midst of the offensive trident, flanked by Suso and Calhanoglu who will then return to play in an offensive position.

Milan (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Bakayoko, Paquetà; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu.

* Suso vent coming*

I can't stand seeing Suso in the line-up anymore. Seriously, what will it take for Rino to bench him ?? It's really pissing me off. We've changed formation and dropped everyone from Hakan to Piatek but Suso and his slow lazy uncaring ass still get's to play .
I get he is the player with supposed " X factor" to his game and clearly Rino is too scared to drop him even though he's been shit well, let's be honest, the best part of 18 months. Serie A worked out how to play him because he does the same thing repeatedly. He rarely tracks back and anytime we are on the counter and the ball goes to Suso, it's counter over. And we come to a stop. This might be a bit unfair, but Rino and his over reliance on Suso will cost us the CL spot I believe. And FWIW I don't see that Suso gives a shit out there. He's sitting back wondering why A Barca or a Bayern or a Chelsea haven't come in for him when he's really at a Fiorentia, Crystal Palace, Mochengladbach level type player. He was fine to have as a transitional player while we attempt to turn ourselves around back toward the top. Yes, there's many other reasons for us not taking 4th by now but again the over reliance on Suso as our " star player" has almost killed us IMO. Suso has not lead us to our promised land as a " star player " should.

He now better hit the winner to shut me up.

A lose and Atalanta win and we're 7th and officially done. I wouldn't see us coming back from that.

Forza Milan !!

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

29 Apr 2019, 00:11

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

29 Apr 2019, 23:56

Don't care what anyone says. If we finish in 8th place this season, it's been an abject failure. No excuse for finishing 8th. If we're stuck in EL, fucking fine. But no Europe at all would be unacceptable. Completely unacceptably, full stop.

naraku

30 Apr 2019, 06:58

LemonCookies wrote:
Don't care what anyone says. If we finish in 8th place this season, it's been an abject failure. No excuse for finishing 8th. If we're stuck in EL, fucking fine. But no Europe at all would be unacceptable. Completely unacceptably, full stop.

On paper we have an " easy" run in with only fiorentina away of concern . However, no one is playing to form and for these two ( Miha and Montella) it will be some justice if they fuck us over now.

We SHOULD win 3 out of 4 with Fior a draw, but who can say the way this season has gone for not only us but other teams as well. I mean On paper , Fior shouldn't be towards the bottom- I hope this means we can get Chiesa.