For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

30 May 2019, 16:57

Disappointed with the result. Hopefully this summer we can put together a more coherent and competitive squad with a coach that has a clear, team-oriented system. Simone Inzaghi would be terrible, imo. Gasperini, Giampaolo, or Sarri would be stellar.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

31 May 2019, 14:43

Regardless of the coach brought in, I'd love to see Deulofeu, Sensi, and Ghoulam this summer. All, I think, are possible from a financial standpoint. Because we didn't make CL, I doubt that we'll be able to buy anyone in a tier ahead of the above 3 guys. Sensi provides great midfield depth (can play anywhere in midfield), as does Deu in the attack. Ghoulam is perhaps the most unlikely choice here, but it more depends on Napoli and whether they see Ghoulam or Rui as their starting LB. Either one is too good to be benched. Apart from these 3, we'd still need a bit more depth. We're losing 7-8 players this summer, and I hope we end up selling Suso (I'd keep Hakan and Biglia). If we save enough on our departures, and can sell Suso for a lot of money, then in addition to Deu, Sensi, and Ghoulam, I'd go all in for Nicolas Pepe. This would give us a better squad than we have currently, and if we upgrade on Rino, then I think we can really push for CL next season.

Realistically, we'll prolly only buy one or two of the players I mentioned. Still, any two would make me happy. I just hope we can settle our coaching situation within the next week, same with SD, and conclude most of our business by the end of June/early July.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

31 May 2019, 21:54

I will reiterate my worry about AC Milan vs. AC Maldini. On the one hand, Maldini has said how stressful being a director has been, yet on the other, he wants to (seemingly) be the one to make all the big decisions and oversee just about everything team related. I can't quite figure out what Maldini actually wants. Perhaps he's not even sure himself. I don't think him being our SD is the best idea. Where he's been the past year has been great, I think. Should stick with it in that capacity.

naraku

02 Jun 2019, 11:57

LemonCookies wrote:
Regardless of the coach brought in, I'd love to see Deulofeu, Sensi, and Ghoulam this summer. All, I think, are possible from a financial standpoint. Because we didn't make CL, I doubt that we'll be able to buy anyone in a tier ahead of the above 3 guys. Sensi provides great midfield depth (can play anywhere in midfield), as does Deu in the attack. Ghoulam is perhaps the most unlikely choice here, but it more depends on Napoli and whether they see Ghoulam or Rui as their starting LB. Either one is too good to be benched. Apart from these 3, we'd still need a bit more depth. We're losing 7-8 players this summer, and I hope we end up selling Suso (I'd keep Hakan and Biglia). If we save enough on our departures, and can sell Suso for a lot of money, then in addition to Deu, Sensi, and Ghoulam, I'd go all in for Nicolas Pepe. This would give us a better squad than we have currently, and if we upgrade on Rino, then I think we can really push for CL next season.

Realistically, we'll prolly only buy one or two of the players I mentioned. Still, any two would make me happy. I just hope we can settle our coaching situation within the next week, same with SD, and conclude most of our business by the end of June/early July.

I don't agree with your opening line about the coach. I think this is where Milan has made many mistakes. Well, aside from the obvious ones of bringing someone in who is not good enough/ready to coach Milan. I don't want us to sign a player until we know who the coach will be. As an example Giampaolo doesn't use wingers, so I'd want us to adopt HIS formations and not try to force every coach to play this 4-3-3 shit which hasn't worked for us in nearly say 7 years of trying.
That aside, I agree with most of what you said.

The only thing about Deulofeu is that Watford reportedly want 30M+ for him. No way I pay more than 20M. For 30M we can start looking at better alternatives.
Sensi...I can't say much about him since I've not seen too much but he seems adequate to solid from what I've seen. I've my concerns about him, but if we get a deal on him he's welcome.
If I could pick of those 2 LB's you mentioned I would hope for Mario Rui. We also have that talent in our Primavera we brought from Monaco as well, so I'm not sure if it's too soon for him.
Pepe would be awesome, but he'll probably go to the EPL.

naraku

02 Jun 2019, 12:00

Liverpool winning the UCL reiterates how much you need a good coach. Sure, Salah and Van Dijk are coloassal talents but guy's like Henderson, Milner and to extents Mane and Matip are just average at best. But like at Dortmund ,Klopp knows how to get the best out of his players. I do like both the fullbacks ' Pool have.

Let's see if Pochettino leaves and this splits Spurs or makes them stronger.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

02 Jun 2019, 14:21

naraku wrote:
I don't agree with your opening line about the coach. I think this is where Milan has made many mistakes. Well, aside from the obvious ones of bringing someone in who is not good enough/ready to coach Milan. I don't want us to sign a player until we know who the coach will be. As an example Giampaolo doesn't use wingers, so I'd want us to adopt HIS formations and not try to force every coach to play this 4-3-3 shit which hasn't worked for us in nearly say 7 years of trying.
That aside, I agree with most of what you said.

The only thing about Deulofeu is that Watford reportedly want 30M+ for him. No way I pay more than 20M. For 30M we can start looking at better alternatives.
Sensi...I can't say much about him since I've not seen too much but he seems adequate to solid from what I've seen. I've my concerns about him, but if we get a deal on him he's welcome.
If I could pick of those 2 LB's you mentioned I would hope for Mario Rui. We also have that talent in our Primavera we brought from Monaco as well, so I'm not sure if it's too soon for him.
Pepe would be awesome, but he'll probably go to the EPL.

I don't think we actually disagree. I chose the above players because they can play their best in different systems and formations. Given our players, Giampaolo would probably fit best. But if we can get Sarri, then...

naraku

03 Jun 2019, 00:22

It seems 90% that it's Giampaolo. He plays some very good football and this probably ends our wingers hopefully. They need to adapt or be sold. Let's see but hopefully we have it right no matter who it is

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

03 Jun 2019, 01:40

naraku wrote:
It seems 90% that it's Giampaolo. He plays some very good football and this probably ends our wingers hopefully. They need to adapt or be sold. Let's see but hopefully we have it right no matter who it is

Hopefully this means that Suso will be sold. Jeez, just imagine us returning to CL playing 4-3-1-2 with real midfielders and playing classy football............

naraku

03 Jun 2019, 04:44

LemonCookies wrote:
Hopefully this means that Suso will be sold. Jeez, just imagine us returning to CL playing 4-3-1-2 with real midfielders and playing classy football............

It's been a long time since we played good football. I think if we have to sacrifice someone it should be Suso. I get the $$$rumnma hate with some, but he was good this year. the thing is we have Reina who deserves game time. So, IF Donnarumma needs to go so be it. We then have Pepe and also Plizzari- who is Under 21 national GK. TBH, I'd prefer to let Reina go since he is on high wage and deserves to play, so if not here then he can find a club pretty easily.

Also, I like Praet from Samp so if Giampaolo can bring him and Quag that would be really good. Why Quag ? Other than been top scorer he has a wealth of knowledge he can provide Piatek and Cutrone, hell I'd even loan Cutrone to Samp as part of the compensation process.

Lastly, I know it was only Goal.com but I saw they claim Barca could look to move various players on and Umtiti and Rakitic are on the list. Of course I take them with a grain of salt, but Umtiti to help cover Caldara and Rakitic as an experienced head in our young team would be welcome, even though it seems we're targeting only youth.
I get in principle what we're doing there but , at times this year we lacked veteran on field leadership IMO.

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

03 Jun 2019, 07:24

Hey guys,

I’ll be updating the forum content soon to reflect the current state. Please bear with me.

Cheers!

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

03 Jun 2019, 15:25

milanist wrote:
Hey guys,

I’ll be updating the forum content soon to reflect the current state. Please bear with me.

Cheers!

I blame naraku for not keeping up with things in your absence :b:

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

03 Jun 2019, 18:38

naraku wrote:
It's been a long time since we played good football. I think if we have to sacrifice someone it should be Suso. I get the $$$rumnma hate with some, but he was good this year. the thing is we have Reina who deserves game time. So, IF Donnarumma needs to go so be it. We then have Pepe and also Plizzari- who is Under 21 national GK. TBH, I'd prefer to let Reina go since he is on high wage and deserves to play, so if not here then he can find a club pretty easily.

Also, I like Praet from Samp so if Giampaolo can bring him and Quag that would be really good. Why Quag ? Other than been top scorer he has a wealth of knowledge he can provide Piatek and Cutrone, hell I'd even loan Cutrone to Samp as part of the compensation process.

Lastly, I know it was only Goal.com but I saw they claim Barca could look to move various players on and Umtiti and Rakitic are on the list. Of course I take them with a grain of salt, but Umtiti to help cover Caldara and Rakitic as an experienced head in our young team would be welcome, even though it seems we're targeting only youth.
I get in principle what we're doing there but , at times this year we lacked veteran on field leadership IMO.

Unlikely we'll be able to take all 3 of Samp's best players and their coach this summer, lol. I'd rather we keep Cutrone, focus just on Andersen and Praet. Even if we don't get Giampaolo, those two would be great buys regardless. They'd do well under Sarri, Mourinho, Allegri, etc. Rakitic would be a dream. I don't think he'd come without CL. He's like one or two tiers above where we can feasibly deal in. Andersen, Praet, Sensi - this is the tier we'll have to work within.

naraku

03 Jun 2019, 23:25

LemonCookies wrote:
Unlikely we'll be able to take all 3 of Samp's best players and their coach this summer, lol. I'd rather we keep Cutrone, focus just on Andersen and Praet. Even if we don't get Giampaolo, those two would be great buys regardless. They'd do well under Sarri, Mourinho, Allegri, etc. Rakitic would be a dream. I don't think he'd come without CL. He's like one or two tiers above where we can feasibly deal in. Andersen, Praet, Sensi - this is the tier we'll have to work within.

It's true what you say, but sad in that Milan of days gone by would of got Sampdoria's top 3 players...

Giampaolo is fine with me. I had a weird feeling we would sign Mourinho or Wenger but it doesn't seem to be. Which is fine.
I just hope Rakitc would like our project CL or not, but it's a moot point anyway since I don't think Elliott would target him.

How do you rate Sensi?

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

04 Jun 2019, 01:09

naraku wrote:
It's true what you say, but sad in that Milan of days gone by would of got Sampdoria's top 3 players...

Giampaolo is fine with me. I had a weird feeling we would sign Mourinho or Wenger but it doesn't seem to be. Which is fine.
I just hope Rakitc would like our project CL or not, but it's a moot point anyway since I don't think Elliott would target him.

How do you rate Sensi?

I like Sensi quite a bit. Very composed on the ball and a capable passer. Good in the final third as well. He is quite short, however, and can get bullied, especially when defending corners.

The question mark for me is who will be the starting midfielder in front of the defense. Sensi can play there, Praet can play there, as can Biglia - obviously. Yet, at the same time, a diamond of Biglia, Praet, Sensi, and Paqueta still offers a lot of defensive workrate and creativity. It's possible that Biglia is benched for Kessie, and Praet sits in front, which also looks good on paper to me.

Donna
Calabria - Andersen - Romagnoli - Rui
Kessie - Praet - Sensi
Paqueta
Deu - Piatek

Probably too many buys, unless we can sell as well. But if that's the sort of "dream" team that's maaaaybe possible, then I don't see why anyone could be sad about it. Every starting position has a younger player that has their best days ahead of them still.

naraku

04 Jun 2019, 11:53

LemonCookies wrote:
I like Sensi quite a bit. Very composed on the ball and a capable passer. Good in the final third as well. He is quite short, however, and can get bullied, especially when defending corners.

The question mark for me is who will be the starting midfielder in front of the defense. Sensi can play there, Praet can play there, as can Biglia - obviously. Yet, at the same time, a diamond of Biglia, Praet, Sensi, and Paqueta still offers a lot of defensive workrate and creativity. It's possible that Biglia is benched for Kessie, and Praet sits in front, which also looks good on paper to me.

Donna
Calabria - Andersen - Romagnoli - Rui
Kessie - Praet - Sensi
Paqueta
Deu - Piatek

Probably too many buys, unless we can sell as well. But if that's the sort of "dream" team that's maaaaybe possible, then I don't see why anyone could be sad about it. Every starting position has a younger player that has their best days ahead of them still.

I kind of thought that either Sensi or Biglia will be in front of the defence. Also, you don't have Bona in the starting XI ? I guess we'll see how he recovers after his injury but I'd have him start over Sensi initially. Another thing I thought of was Strinic was Giampolo's starting LB before he came to us and had the heart issue. He could be again with us.