For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

17 Jul 2019, 17:30

naraku wrote:
FWIW, I would do the Suso/Schick swap.

1. I rate Suso that little in Giampaolo's formation/tactics
2. Hoping Schick can recover some of his Samp form.

Also, if we can get De Paul that would be amazing.

De Paul
Paqueta - Bennecar - Modric

Kessie, Jack, Rade, Bilglia

That's very good.

I'd prolly play Modric in front of defense, though. I know Modric has great stamina, but he's getting older and I'm not sure if he could handle the box to box role anymore. Tbh, I'd do something like:

De Paul - Piatek
Paqueta
Bennacer - Modric - Kessie

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

18 Jul 2019, 01:15

Good to see Bona coming back. Had a thought: as he's getting older, might he start playing deeper in midfield? Might be something that works, seeing him in front of the defense, given how composed and slick he is on the ball. Not the best passer ever, but I can see him excelling there if he embraces it.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

18 Jul 2019, 16:21

Past week: Can't sign anyone, need to swap deal and count our bananas.

Yesterday and today: 40mil for you, 40mil for you, 20mil for you, millions in bonuses because why the fuck not, ...

naraku

19 Jul 2019, 01:01

LemonCookies wrote:
Past week: Can't sign anyone, need to swap deal and count our bananas.

Yesterday and today: 40mil for you, 40mil for you, 20mil for you, millions in bonuses because why the fuck not, ...

Just the media with no clue I guess.

I will be so mad if we sign Correa for 45M instead of Everton. Correa with a grand 3 goals and 2 assists in 36 games for Atletico, Wtf? At least Everton looked good for Brazil with the game time he got.
Fekir for 25M is a good deal, too good to pass up despite his injury concerns.

And yes, I am probably nuts but I would still throw 2yr contract at Modric and TS33.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

19 Jul 2019, 03:02

naraku wrote:
Just the media with no clue I guess.

I will be so mad if we sign Correa for 45M instead of Everton. Correa with a grand 3 goals and 2 assists in 36 games for Atletico, Wtf? At least Everton looked good for Brazil with the game time he got.
Fekir for 25M is a good deal, too good to pass up despite his injury concerns.

And yes, I am probably nuts but I would still throw 2yr contract at Modric and TS33.

Agree, Lazio's Correa is the only Correa I'd want. He'd be cheaper too, apparently. Everton, Fekir, Depay - any of these guys would be solid buys, I think.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

19 Jul 2019, 18:26

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

20 Jul 2019, 03:10

Cutrone would flop horrendously in the PL. I think he knows this, too. Still don't understand why we're trying to sell him, unless we want to buy a new forward and keep Samu as a backup. Bit thin, imo. I guess Borini still hovers and would be the other backup.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

21 Jul 2019, 03:55

Don't worry naraku and guests, Correa is all a smokescreen for our real Atleti target - Koke, :g:

naraku

21 Jul 2019, 07:16

I guess we have to trust Giampaolo if he thinks Suso can play AM. I think it's a mistake, but there's a reason I'm not coaching.

Correa is probably payback for Kalinic deal.

I don't mind loaning in a CB since I guess we're banking on Caldara recovering well enough to be Roma's full time partner. It just sucks if he goes down again or isn't what we hope.

As you've noticed, I think we have quite a good range of youth but I think us not getting to CL - other than Rino's inexperience and general noobness- was a lack of veteran presence.

I wonder what Cavani would cost?

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

21 Jul 2019, 17:41

naraku wrote:
I guess we have to trust Giampaolo if he thinks Suso can play AM. I think it's a mistake, but there's a reason I'm not coaching.

True. As long as we get a hard working second striker. No way we'll survive with a lazy front 3 (apart from Piatek).

Correa is probably payback for Kalinic deal.

Ooooooooooooor, we can just ignore Atleti and not get robbed, :lol:

I don't mind loaning in a CB since I guess we're banking on Caldara recovering well enough to be Roma's full time partner. It just sucks if he goes down again or isn't what we hope.

<gestures in Zaputa>

As you've noticed, I think we have quite a good range of youth but I think us not getting to CL - other than Rino's inexperience and general noobness- was a lack of veteran presence.

For sure, definitely on field experience. Biglia hardly played, Monty was iced out, Abate was injured or not good enough, Bona injured, etc. etc.

I wonder what Cavani would cost?

His contract expires next summer, hmmm :monto:

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

22 Jul 2019, 00:57

If we're selling Silva for 30 mil, who's basically flopped for both us and Sevilla, then I don't know why we (seem) to be pressured into selling Cutrone to raise funds for Correa. Obviously Correa would be a perfect partner for Piatek and is a great player, but 50mil is WAY too much. The 30mil from Silva's sale ought to cover a huge portion of the transfer fee for Correa, which has got to be closer to 40mil, not 50.

As for Cutrone, I'd rather we keep him and sell Borini, as much as I love Borini. Cutrone is younger, has a higher ceiling (even if the ceiling isn't super high), is of similar personal character, and has a smaller wage. Correa/Samu and Piatek/Cutrone is a solid attack. If we keep Suso, fine - so long as we get somebody like Praet who can play anywhere in midfield. This might be for the best, as it will push Bennacer in front of defense and Paqueta as the side left midfielder, which going forward is the best, imo.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

22 Jul 2019, 01:06

It's quite the irony that as FFP has become more of an important element in the business side of essentially every top-flight club, the transfer market has completely gone off the rails. Clubs are spending obscene amounts of money on players that, even a few years ago, would not have gone for anywhere near as much. I mean, João Félix for 120mil? No wonder Atleti rate Correa at 50mil if those are the current prices being thrown around and paid for. In any truly healthy transfer environment, João Félix would be the one going for 50mil, not Correa. Yet, here we are. FFP has come online, and with it the transfer ecosystem is a shambles. How does FIFA, UEFA, w/e expect clubs to abide by FFP if the transfer market is skewed so wildly?

I know it's normal to shit on our Chinese owners because of the hole they helped put us in financially, but if F&M were operating under the assumption that the budget they were given was legit and clean, then the prices they paid in...2016? 2017? were pretty fair. 20mil for Hakan, as much as he's underwhelmed here, is frankly a bargain compared to now, where if he'd have stayed in Germany and played similarly - or better - who knows what his evaluation would be. Likely double.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

23 Jul 2019, 00:56

40mil + bonuses and a 3mil wage is fine by me if our management has so much faith in him. That's almost exactly what Atleti will have to pay for James, so I'm glad we weren't completely fleeced. Atelti have spent a lot this summer, so they have to be content in breaking even on incoming and outgoing player fees right now.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

23 Jul 2019, 20:27

MEDIA PLEASE. Pick a narrative and stick with it, geezus.

naraku

24 Jul 2019, 02:57

LemonCookies wrote:

MEDIA PLEASE. Pick a narrative and stick with it, geezus.

A few media outlets reported that the deal with Silva is off. I guess it has to do with personal details? Time will tell.

I feel very underwhelmed by Angel Correa should that be true, but I hope he will a big success. I can't think of many Argentine's at Milan that where a success for us. Crespo of course comes to mind but he wasn't actually ours.

Savic for CB is interesting. He was good at Fiorentina I thought but so-so at Atleti.