For the modern Milanista

naraku

Re: Transfer Rumours

24 Jul 2019, 03:01

OFFICIAL LINEUP: OFFICIAL: MILAN: G. Donnarumma; Calabria, Gabbia, Strinic, Theo Hernandez; Maldini, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Castillejo; Borini, Piatek

Roma, RR and Musa have some minor injuries so are rested, same with Suso. Of course I am hoping Suso is more because he is about to leave us!

naraku

26 Jul 2019, 00:25

Links to James? Well, he is slower than Suso.....

Why Cutrone to Wolves and not Silva? They have supposedly been interested in him for a few years.
The transfer window still has 1 month until it closes, but I still hoped most of the sales and purchases would be done by now. I think we need it tbh. Who will and won't be here should be resolved.

naraku

26 Jul 2019, 01:21

Keita alternative to Correa for Milan

Yes! Let's get the guy that rejected us 10 times the past few years and has predictably flopped in those year's since!!!
I would rather keep who we have including Borini than bring this guy in.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

26 Jul 2019, 04:31

naraku wrote:
OFFICIAL LINEUP: OFFICIAL: MILAN: G. Donnarumma; Calabria, Gabbia, Strinic, Theo Hernandez; Maldini, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Castillejo; Borini, Piatek

Roma, RR and Musa have some minor injuries so are rested, same with Suso. Of course I am hoping Suso is more because he is about to leave us!

This lineup had me laughing so hard when I saw it. Giampaolo is a clever man. That lineup is absolute rock bottom tier. Only up from here! Theo was an absolute BEAST. Shame he injured his ankle. Hopefully he'll be back in a few weeks, because mamma mia we've missed an attacking left back with real purpose and intelligence for awhile. If Theo can put together a season like Constant's 12/13, we're sitting pretty. Looks like he's what we (some fans at least) thought Laxalt could be for us. Shout out to Biglia who put in work defensively in a random friendly nobody cares about. If he stays fit, fuck it, just keep him. Fit and healthy Biglia is a great player. Also shout out to Gabbia. Pretty smart on the ball and defensively alert. Maybe our management trusted this guy, hence Zaputa/Abate being let go without a second thought?

naraku wrote:
Links to James? Well, he is slower than Suso.....

Can score outside the box just like Suso, though, and is a muuuuuuuuuch better passer. He's also an actual AM, so he'd be very good there. Issues: I thought Atleti were letting Correa go in order to buy James? lol. Also wages.

Why Cutrone to Wolves and not Silva? They have supposedly been interested in him for a few years.
The transfer window still has 1 month until it closes, but I still hoped most of the sales and purchases would be done by now. I think we need it tbh. Who will and won't be here should be resolved.

Agree. I don't want to see Cutrone go to the PL. No reason to get rid of him. Selling Silva needs to be the priority.

naraku wrote:
Keita alternative to Correa for Milan

Yes! Let's get the guy that rejected us 10 times the past few years and has predictably flopped in those year's since!!!
I would rather keep who we have including Borini than bring this guy in.

Yep, fuck Keita. Player profile? Okay, it fits. Person profile, tho? Nope.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

26 Jul 2019, 23:52

Dunno what to make of some of these supposed done deals. I guess we just have zero faith in any strikers without a lot of technical ability, thus Andre Silva and Cutrone are being shopped. I'd rather we sell Silva and then Samu and Suso, than Cutrone. But hey, w/e. If we buy good players and we finish with CL somehow next season, as much as I love our players... CL > Cutrogoal.

Edit: But then again, I love Cutrone. Fuck me. Management better be right about this, because selling Patrick is a major gamble. If we fail to do anything next season with these new players, yikes. Selling our beloved guy only to bring in someone who might flop will kill any trust fans have in our management. We MUST do well if we're going to uproot the squad so much.

Monto, Abate, Zaputa, all my guys are leaving, now Patrick it seems like... :cry:

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

27 Jul 2019, 16:34

Welp, cya Patrick. At least he's going to a good club that is on the up and is backed by good owners and a great manager. I trust in Nuno being able to get the best out of him.

ArX

28 Jul 2019, 00:04

he is good for his age but i don't think his current level fits our 19-20 ambitions or giampaolo's style

spending most of next season on our bench would hurt both his career and the profit the club can make from his sale. i love the kid, but it is what it is

the only fairy-tale ending he and milan can have is if he grows into a CL-starter level player in the next few years and then he might be able to come back to replace a departing piatek

naraku

28 Jul 2019, 09:26

Leao-Milan, La Gazzetta dello Sport: "Ready? Arrival"

Gazzetta - Milan, Leao said yes: 30 million plus Djalò, the Portuguese in Milan today or tomorrow

Milan, **********: "Cutrone brings the money for Leao and Duarte

naraku

28 Jul 2019, 09:29

ArX wrote:
he is good for his age but i don't think his current level fits our 19-20 ambitions or giampaolo's style

spending most of next season on our bench would hurt both his career and the profit the club can make from his sale. i love the kid, but it is what it is

the only fairy-tale ending he and milan can have is if he grows into a CL-starter level player in the next few years and then he might be able to come back to replace a departing piatek

My concern is if Piatek happens to be a one season wonder. We're beating a lot on him.
I would of tried to loan Cutrone and sell Silva( seems we still will try) and of course Suso ( who it seems no one relevant wants).

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

28 Jul 2019, 17:52

naraku wrote:
My concern is if Piatek happens to be a one season wonder. We're beating a lot on him.
I would of tried to loan Cutrone and sell Silva( seems we still will try) and of course Suso ( who it seems no one relevant wants).

Seems highly unlikely that Piatek sucks next season, while it's less likely that Cutrone grows into a world class player.

naraku

30 Jul 2019, 04:40

LemonCookies wrote:
Seems highly unlikely that Piatek sucks next season, while it's less likely that Cutrone grows into a world class player.

naraku

30 Jul 2019, 04:41

That's true. But, I hope we get 1st option on Cutrone should the day come Wolves want to sell him.

naraku

30 Jul 2019, 04:52

A few things from the friendlies we just played.

Negatives :
Losses:We looked good in these losses, it's only pre-season, but we need confidence.
Conti : He can't defend. I'm not sure how he fairs in Giampaolo's system.
Suso: He hasn't been terrible at AM, but he is still predictable and slow. Maybe he could be SS?
Borini : I know he is playing out of position and I admire how determined the guy is. He does not really have a position so I rather we clear his wage.

Positives
Losses : we have looked better than we have in a LONG time.
Midfield : We have no Kessie, Bona, Radic, Bennecar and Paqueta. We have a lot to look forward too.
Maldini : Maybe I am just sentimental, but he has enough talent to be in the squad. It might be better to loan him this year.
Gabbia : Though he was in Serie C last season, I kept reading positive things about him. Then he was arguably Italy l's best player at the recent U-21 championship. To top it off, he has looked great preseason. With Roma, Musa, Calgary, Gabbia, Duarte our CB looks very solid.

Preseason is good for the fans but I am sure we don't read to much into it. That said I think we have a lot too look forward to.

naraku

30 Jul 2019, 04:57

Leo durate is an interesting addition. Again he was under the radar and no one had a clue about him until he was practically signed. I guess Serginho and Paqueta had a hand in getting him to Milan.

Leao is a talented man. He could be a good foil for Piatek, but I think can play CF if Piatek needs a rest or is injured. I think Correa could still come, but I guess Elliott pulled some strings at Lille since we're getting him for 30 and Lille asked for 50M.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

31 Jul 2019, 02:01

This would be a good move for him, I think. Genoa have a pretty good squad and should sit fairly comfortably in midtable next season. Can reunite with Zaputa, as well :g:

Selling Biglia ought to fund Praet.