For the modern Milanista

naraku

Re: Transfer Rumours

17 Dec 2019, 02:18

Ibra looks like he is going to Everton with Carletto. That says what about Milan ?

When you consider the Everton offer is supposedly less and they're near relegation it's all about an extra year.

I really don't want Mandzukic or Giroud for the simple fact they don't score enough.
That's why I would offer a 3 year deal at 7.5 to Cavani. Proven in Serie A, is behind Neymar, M'bappe, Icardi, Di Maria and contract expires in June.
Sure ,7.5 might not be enough for him and break our rumoured " budget" but we need someone who can be decisive against the likes of Lecce, Sass and other mid-crap teams.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

17 Dec 2019, 05:31

naraku wrote:
Ibra looks like he is going to Everton with Carletto. That says what about Milan ?

When you consider the Everton offer is supposedly less and they're near relegation it's all about an extra year.

I really don't want Mandzukic or Giroud for the simple fact they don't score enough.
That's why I would offer a 3 year deal at 7.5 to Cavani. Proven in Serie A, is behind Neymar, M'bappe, Icardi, Di Maria and contract expires in June.
Sure ,7.5 might not be enough for him and break our rumoured " budget" but we need someone who can be decisive against the likes of Lecce, Sass and other mid-crap teams.

I agree, Cavani would be the ideal guy. I just don't know if he'd want to come here. His wage would be astronomical for us, but I think if our management treats it like less transfer funds every term, then I imagine it'd make more sense. So like, we're paying 7.5mil, or whatever it is, in "transfer fees" for Cavani every year, rather than 30mil every year anyway on a striker that isn't proven or is unreliable. I think this perspective is what we've been thinking with Ibra. The 6-10mil figure for a "wage" is basically just a transfer fee that Zlatan gets personally rather than the previous club. At first my fan brain was like, "wtf, Ibra wants 6mil, gtfo lol." But if you think of it like a transfer fee...would that 6mil, or Cavani's 8-10mil a year, provide more value than 30mil every year for a Piatek, Kalinic, whomever else? I think so. I don't see how anyone could disagree, frankly. It's the player profile that is the issue.

I'd still take Mandzukic, though. Man's a stone cold psychopath. We'd play him straight through the middle, as well, so maybe he'd score a little more than when he's stranded on the left like he usually is for some reason.

Regardless, we need wingers and midfielders. Even Cavani will struggle with Hakan, Suso, and Kessie having the keys to the team's creativity. Just writing those names out still gives me physical pain.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

17 Dec 2019, 19:49

naraku

20 Dec 2019, 00:24

More reports about Milan’s enquiry about Haland from Raiola. They want him already in January

A big talent but if we still fucking relying on Suso and Hakan to set him up , he will score 5 goals by this time next year.

Borini’s agent to @RadioRossonera: “Each coach makes his choices, in January we will try to find a joint agreement for him to go elsewhere. Where? The potential destinations are not lacking whether in Italy or England. Milan was definitely a positive experience.”

If the rest of the squad had half the guts that Borini has we'd be world beater's.But at 2.5M to sit on the bench....

Fenerbahce have made a formal offer to sign Ricardo Rodriguez on loan but Milan would only sell him outright, according to Sky

I hate the Turkish clubs. They always charge through the roof for there talent but always claim to be broke. Same with the Portuguese.

naraku

20 Dec 2019, 00:26

LemonCookies wrote:

I would be happy with Baka.

Otherwise your choice of Javi Martinez would be good. Also read we are linked to Sander Berge. Big bodied DM with CL experience and is young.

If he, Halaand and Ibra came 3 big Nordic Viking's coming to save Milan !

naraku

22 Dec 2019, 15:08

We are supposed to be celebrating our 120th anniversary.

Do you know what? Today is the day AC Milan as we know/knew died.

It is [b]MANDATORY[/b] that these player's are preferably sold in January.

Suso : If Maldini + Boban truly believe this guy is leading our attack they need to be fired. Furthermore, Suso doesn't even attempt to help Conti on defence. Yet he dares to ask for 6M on a new contract. Pioli seems to have done well with the group but the fact he keeps playing this poor, passionless player is a disgrace.

Hakan: The second most brain dead and static player on the pitch. He is supposed to be our creative force but in 2 1/2 - 3 years here he does nothing. Literally. Maybe the fact his best game the past 18 months was Vs Lecce says the truth about him. Again, seems to have cemented his name in the XI.

Kessie : The dumbest guy on the pitch. No offensive threat and now it's clear why we got him for such a good deal. Atalanta must be laughing at us for this one. Again start's and has no clue nor care .

THESE THREE COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT AC MILAN. They need to go in January.

RR: Is a solid player but my grandmother could run faster than him. Seems like he's gone anyway.

Romagnoli : Maybe an overreaction, but our Captain is no Captain. He didn't tell at the player's Vs Atalanta during or after the game. No tears. No blood. You know what ? He can leave. He has not improved overall in 2 year's and this year is average at best.

Borini will go, maybe Calabria and Piatek. That's fine.

Pioli can go at seasons end and we can beg Allegri to come back.

For the first time in 10 year's , I don't think we will actually come back. We may be a team that competes for 6-12th for a very long time.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

22 Dec 2019, 21:17

Agree with you, man. Suso, Hakan, Kessie, and Piatek have all been indefensible this season. All need to go. Terrible mentalities and even worse performances on the pitch. Really embarrassing.

I'm losing faith in Romagnoli as well. His pivot toward Raiola earlier in the season concerned me then and has only concerned me more as the weeks have gone by. It looks like he's given up on everything. Not a leader in any way. People criticized Monto for poor leadership, which was fair - now it looks like Romagnoli is competing to be one of our worst captains in recent memory. Seems like he has shrunk with the adversity that's met the team this season. You don't - can't - do that as the captain.

I'm tempted by the idea of doing a fire sale of half the squad. It's clear that we don't have the ability to bring in immediate upgrades, so we need to stop dreaming about players of Cavani, Rakitic, whatever quality. Our scouts and management look completely toothless, too. The entire footballing world took a shit when Liverpool snagged Minamino for 7mil. How? Because that was his fucking buy out clause, like wtf. Instead, we were looking at Haland because sTrIkeRs, who also - of FUCKING COURSE - has Raiola as his agent. Milan has major Stockholm syndrome concerning that man and it needs to stop.

I think what this club needs is a major skinning.

1) Stop making CL qualification the goal. We can't do it. It's not possible. Stop setting the bar so high for a severely handicapped and limited squad.

2) Sell all of our Raiola players - Romagnoli, Donna, and Bona. Enough with this goddamn parasite of an agent and what he does to otherwise good players. I love those players, but they keep choosing the devil. At some point we've gotta walk away and not join them in the fire.

3) Recruit hardworking, run-of-the-mill players who can make an immediate impact on the team and drive up our effort on the pitch. No more Hakan, Suso, Piatek, Kessie.

4) Realize that Atalanta are who we should be right now. They are us. We should be the ones in top 4, getting out of the group stage of the CL, thrashing mid table clubs by 5 goals. Instead, we're "Atalanta." Look at how they have done and stop just buying their fucking players. We keep buying their "best" players and they only get better. They've been laughing at us for years now and we deserve it because we're pathetic.

5) Keep Pioli or don't keep him, I don't care. Provide him or any other coach with hard working, knowledgeable players who are humble and without ego. We chose to pass on somebody like Pasalic because "he wasn't good enough" even though he worked incredibly hard for us and showed everyone what it meant to fight for this shirt. Turns out WE weren't good enough for him. Major props to him (and for not celebrating against us this morning. Lad's pure class.)

6) Fire Maldini. I don't think he does anything of worth at this club and since we can't and shouldn't beg at the feet of proper, experienced players, he serves no purpose. He's costing us a lot for providing next to nothing. Reminder: he was the one who wanted Giampaolo, not Boban/Gazidis. I have no issue with Massara, Boban, and Gazidis. What we need is a competent, successful director of sport that knows scouting and who has different connections than just "herp derp, Raiola clients I guess."

7) Do not sell the club to a billionaire. This club, and team, needs a major humbling, top to bottom. Singer will sit on us until we're actually worth enough to sell. We won't get to that point with our current plans or trajectory. Again, model ourselves off of the Cagliari's and the Atalanta's and eventually we will get back to where we should be. At THAT point should we consider selling. I think Elliot knows this, which is why they've been in no rush to dump us, despite being a vulture fund.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

23 Dec 2019, 00:22

This may seem retarded, which it very well may be, but I'm increasingly intrigued by Van Bommel. He doesn't fit the usual mold of our past player coaching hires. He was recently fired by PSV despite the club selling their two best players over the summer - Luuk De Jong, their focking captain who scored 32 in 43, + Lozano, who scored 21 in 40. MVB got his team to second in the league, only narrowly missing out on the title to one of Ajax's greatest ever teams. I think that is damn impressive.

Now, this is why I think he could be the hire for us in the summer (or like, right now..?) He's a young coach, has clear tactical ideas and knows how to impress himself on the team, is a respected figure in dressing rooms and in the footballing culture in general, he knows - and loves - Milan, and can get the most out of youth and veterans (De Jong was in a slump, got him to double/triple his goal tally, pushed Lozano to his best which resulted in his move to Napoli, helped Malen explode on the scene this season, has continued to grow Bergwijn into a more dynamic and intelligent player, etc. etc.)

I think MVB is pure class. Was a pure class player, and so far, he has shown himself to be an intelligent, humble, and forward thinking coach. PSV are morons to have fired him, I think, and if our management has any sense (fuck me, do they at this point?), MVB should be walking through the door very soon.

MVB is somebody I would trust giving the keys to, and to let work over several seasons, just as Atalanta has let Gasperini work, despite some rocky moments. MVB's record impresses me, unlike Giampaolo's. Even Pioli, who I think is desperately unlucky to have taken over managerial duties this season given the circumstances he has had to work with, is probably not the guy to be given time. It's hard for me to see Pioli truly growing our squad over several seasons, bringing in proper players that fit in a coherent tactical structure. MVB is, or at least could be, in my opinion.

naraku

23 Dec 2019, 14:53

LemonCookies wrote:
Agree with you, man. Suso, Hakan, Kessie, and Piatek have all been indefensible this season. All need to go. Terrible mentalities and even worse performances on the pitch. Really embarrassing.

I'm losing faith in Romagnoli as well. His pivot toward Raiola earlier in the season concerned me then and has only concerned me more as the weeks have gone by. It looks like he's given up on everything. Not a leader in any way. People criticized Monto for poor leadership, which was fair - now it looks like Romagnoli is competing to be one of our worst captains in recent memory. Seems like he has shrunk with the adversity that's met the team this season. You don't - can't - do that as the captain.

I'm tempted by the idea of doing a fire sale of half the squad. It's clear that we don't have the ability to bring in immediate upgrades, so we need to stop dreaming about players of Cavani, Rakitic, whatever quality. Our scouts and management look completely toothless, too. The entire footballing world took a shit when Liverpool snagged Minamino for 7mil. How? Because that was his fucking buy out clause, like wtf. Instead, we were looking at Haland because sTrIkeRs, who also - of FUCKING COURSE - has Raiola as his agent. Milan has major Stockholm syndrome concerning that man and it needs to stop.

I think what this club needs is a major skinning.

1) Stop making CL qualification the goal. We can't do it. It's not possible. Stop setting the bar so high for a severely handicapped and limited squad.

2) Sell all of our Raiola players - Romagnoli, Donna, and Bona. Enough with this goddamn parasite of an agent and what he does to otherwise good players. I love those players, but they keep choosing the devil. At some point we've gotta walk away and not join them in the fire.

3) Recruit hardworking, run-of-the-mill players who can make an immediate impact on the team and drive up our effort on the pitch. No more Hakan, Suso, Piatek, Kessie.

4) Realize that Atalanta are who we should be right now. They are us. We should be the ones in top 4, getting out of the group stage of the CL, thrashing mid table clubs by 5 goals. Instead, we're "Atalanta." Look at how they have done and stop just buying their fucking players. We keep buying their "best" players and they only get better. They've been laughing at us for years now and we deserve it because we're pathetic.

5) Keep Pioli or don't keep him, I don't care. Provide him or any other coach with hard working, knowledgeable players who are humble and without ego. We chose to pass on somebody like Pasalic because "he wasn't good enough" even though he worked incredibly hard for us and showed everyone what it meant to fight for this shirt. Turns out WE weren't good enough for him. Major props to him (and for not celebrating against us this morning. Lad's pure class.)

6) Fire Maldini. I don't think he does anything of worth at this club and since we can't and shouldn't beg at the feet of proper, experienced players, he serves no purpose. He's costing us a lot for providing next to nothing. Reminder: he was the one who wanted Giampaolo, not Boban/Gazidis. I have no issue with Massara, Boban, and Gazidis. What we need is a competent, successful director of sport that knows scouting and who has different connections than just "herp derp, Raiola clients I guess."

7) Do not sell the club to a billionaire. This club, and team, needs a major humbling, top to bottom. Singer will sit on us until we're actually worth enough to sell. We won't get to that point with our current plans or trajectory. Again, model ourselves off of the Cagliari's and the Atalanta's and eventually we will get back to where we should be. At THAT point should we consider selling. I think Elliot knows this, which is why they've been in no rush to dump us, despite being a vulture fund.

All good points.
First, I look at today's news and supposedly Donna will ask to leave. Of course. Like him or not, I think he does actually care about the club. I think he was the only one crying yesterday. At least he hurt and showed something. Of course he gets paid too much and of course it's not like Suso or Hakan are getting sold. FWIW, I do think Kessie will go.

About the striker's what did we used to say on rnb again ? "Moar striker's" wasn't it ?
Liverpool seems to of pulled off a coup. Usually, I would say Japanese players have seemed to work out in the UK, BUT Kloop will get him right. at least we could of put up the 37M to get Minamino and Haaland. :rolleyes:
One thing about Milan as well, we still seem oblivious to the Asian markets. Even if the player never became anything for us, we can sell him at a profit. German and Spanish clubs have been on to that for year's. You can still buy cheap player's from Korea and Japan. Gazidis should know this, he did it a few times with Arsenal.
Speaking of striker's though it seems Cavani will go to Atletico... damn ! This comes back to your " Stockholm syndrome" comments ( which I chuckled at!) , We have waited nearly a month for Ibra. Clearly he isn't coming. Now we miss Cavani. We didn't learn after wasting the last market waiting for Cirrea and then get Rebic who has had practically no chances... unlike the almighty duo of Suso and Hakan.

Regarding MVB, he could be very good. Or he could fail. I don't think he would do any worse. Good thinking there

I agree with what you said about Maldini other than it seems he was crucial in us getting Theo and possibly this Tobido kid but Giampaolo was a comical fail... though even Paolo wanted to get rid of Suso but Giampaolo didn't.
For SD, Rui Costa ? Bierhoff ? Or do we want to stay away from former Milan player's.

Lastly, I love how Boban practically took a dump on Elliott as well!

naraku

23 Dec 2019, 15:02

If we happen to lose Donnarumma , we still have Reina that can take over. But I love Gollini, also Lafont from Fiorentina and Cragno from Cagliari.

CB options should also include Romgna (also of Cagliari )and Cistana ( Brescia) and Upamecano of RB Leipzig. And why not see how Theo's brother is ? He might be hurt , but otherwise Bayern don't seem to start him much.

Theo-Romagnoli-Lucas-Conti

Not sure how often two brothers would be in our starting back four ? Or most other teams that is.

I just saw now as well reports for Paq to go to PSG. Lol
Can you imagine selling Donnarumma, Paqueta and Kessie while probably giving an extension to Suso ?

One Japanese player I would love is Takefusa Kubo. I am not sure if you know him but first brought by Barca at 12, they broke the rules and he went back to Japan. Now owned by Real who loaned him to Mallorca.RW/CAM

BUT, Madrid probably won't sell him and if so, at a good price like what I mentioned above we fail to do.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

23 Dec 2019, 20:53

Link to a swap of Paqueta for Draxler. Not sure about it. I always liked Draxler, but he's been out of the team this season, not sure if he'd be able contribute quickly. Anybody's better than Hakan, tho, so...

naraku

24 Dec 2019, 02:25

LemonCookies wrote:
Link to a swap of Paqueta for Draxler. Not sure about it. I always liked Draxler, but he's been out of the team this season, not sure if he'd be able contribute quickly. Anybody's better than Hakan, tho, so...

Draxler has high wage's as well I think. Also, I know he was a capable LW but is he a mid now ?

Give us Di Maria Leo!

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

24 Dec 2019, 04:02

naraku wrote:
Draxler has high wage's as well I think. Also, I know he was a capable LW but is he a mid now ?

Give us Di Maria Leo!

Bah, I have no fucking clue about players anymore. Draxler would probably play out wide left and replace Hakan, though he's better inside as a midfielder I think. Di Maria is a unicorn and another positionless player. I don't even know why Leo wants Paqueta so bad. This same rumor has popped up consistently since the summer. Paq doesn't fit in that PSG team at all. Who's he going to bench? Di Maria and Neymar are infinitely better and are the creaty starters. Next up you get Sarabia and Draxler. Both, in my opinion, are far better than Paq right now. Obviously Paq's upside is insanely high, but he's a player we should keep, imo.

Our priority in January should be to boat Suso to Cadiz in Secunda Division, air mail Hakan to Erdoğan's palace, return Kessie to Cesena, and dial Piatek through a fax machine to Crystal Palace.

naraku

25 Dec 2019, 14:02

Happy Christmas!

naraku

25 Dec 2019, 14:03

an article claiming that Leonardo had 2 deals closed and 1 almost before he left. The done ones were Everton for 40 m and Malcom on loan. Nearly done was Sensi but Sassuolo raised their demand and he pulled out.

Imagine how different our attack would've been with Everton-Piatek-Malcom instead of Hakan-Piatek-Suso

If this is true, I almost want to hang myself.

I kind of feel right now we'll never get rid of Hakan and Suso.