Agree with you, man. Suso, Hakan, Kessie, and Piatek have all been indefensible this season. All need to go. Terrible mentalities and even worse performances on the pitch. Really embarrassing.
I'm losing faith in Romagnoli as well. His pivot toward Raiola earlier in the season concerned me then and has only concerned me more as the weeks have gone by. It looks like he's given up on everything. Not a leader in any way. People criticized Monto for poor leadership, which was fair - now it looks like Romagnoli is competing to be one of our worst captains in recent memory. Seems like he has shrunk with the adversity that's met the team this season. You don't - can't - do that as the captain.
I'm tempted by the idea of doing a fire sale of half the squad. It's clear that we don't have the ability to bring in immediate upgrades, so we need to stop dreaming about players of Cavani, Rakitic, whatever quality. Our scouts and management look completely toothless, too. The entire footballing world took a shit when Liverpool snagged Minamino for 7mil. How? Because that was his fucking buy out clause, like wtf. Instead, we were looking at Haland because sTrIkeRs, who also - of FUCKING COURSE - has Raiola as his agent. Milan has major Stockholm syndrome concerning that man and it needs to stop.
I think what this club needs is a major skinning.
1) Stop making CL qualification the goal. We can't do it. It's not possible. Stop setting the bar so high for a severely handicapped and limited squad.
2) Sell all of our Raiola players - Romagnoli, Donna, and Bona. Enough with this goddamn parasite of an agent and what he does to otherwise good players. I love those players, but they keep choosing the devil. At some point we've gotta walk away and not join them in the fire.
3) Recruit hardworking, run-of-the-mill players who can make an immediate impact on the team and drive up our effort on the pitch. No more Hakan, Suso, Piatek, Kessie.
4) Realize that Atalanta are who we should be right now. They are us. We should be the ones in top 4, getting out of the group stage of the CL, thrashing mid table clubs by 5 goals. Instead, we're "Atalanta." Look at how they have done and stop just buying their fucking players. We keep buying their "best" players and they only get better. They've been laughing at us for years now and we deserve it because we're pathetic.
5) Keep Pioli or don't keep him, I don't care. Provide him or any other coach with hard working, knowledgeable players who are humble and without ego. We chose to pass on somebody like Pasalic because "he wasn't good enough" even though he worked incredibly hard for us and showed everyone what it meant to fight for this shirt. Turns out WE weren't good enough for him. Major props to him (and for not celebrating against us this morning. Lad's pure class.)
6) Fire Maldini. I don't think he does anything of worth at this club and since we can't and shouldn't beg at the feet of proper, experienced players, he serves no purpose. He's costing us a lot for providing next to nothing. Reminder: he was the one who wanted Giampaolo, not Boban/Gazidis. I have no issue with Massara, Boban, and Gazidis. What we need is a competent, successful director of sport that knows scouting and who has different connections than just "herp derp, Raiola clients I guess."
7) Do not sell the club to a billionaire. This club, and team, needs a major humbling, top to bottom. Singer will sit on us until we're actually worth enough to sell. We won't get to that point with our current plans or trajectory. Again, model ourselves off of the Cagliari's and the Atalanta's and eventually we will get back to where we should be. At THAT point should we consider selling. I think Elliot knows this, which is why they've been in no rush to dump us, despite being a vulture fund.
All good points.
First, I look at today's news and supposedly Donna will ask to leave. Of course. Like him or not, I think he does actually care about the club. I think he was the only one crying yesterday. At least he hurt and showed something. Of course he gets paid too much and of course it's not like Suso or Hakan are getting sold. FWIW, I do think Kessie will go.
About the striker's what did we used to say on rnb again ? "Moar striker's" wasn't it ?
Liverpool seems to of pulled off a coup. Usually, I would say Japanese players have seemed to work out in the UK, BUT Kloop will get him right. at least we could of put up the 37M to get Minamino and Haaland.
One thing about Milan as well, we still seem oblivious to the Asian markets. Even if the player never became anything for us, we can sell him at a profit. German and Spanish clubs have been on to that for year's. You can still buy cheap player's from Korea and Japan. Gazidis should know this, he did it a few times with Arsenal.
Speaking of striker's though it seems Cavani will go to Atletico... damn ! This comes back to your " Stockholm syndrome" comments ( which I chuckled at!) , We have waited nearly a month for Ibra. Clearly he isn't coming. Now we miss Cavani. We didn't learn after wasting the last market waiting for Cirrea and then get Rebic who has had practically no chances... unlike the almighty duo of Suso and Hakan.
Regarding MVB, he could be very good. Or he could fail. I don't think he would do any worse. Good thinking there
I agree with what you said about Maldini other than it seems he was crucial in us getting Theo and possibly this Tobido kid but Giampaolo was a comical fail... though even Paolo wanted to get rid of Suso but Giampaolo didn't.
For SD, Rui Costa ? Bierhoff ? Or do we want to stay away from former Milan player's.
Lastly, I love how Boban practically took a dump on Elliott as well!