For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

12 Feb 2020, 18:50

Sad to see Biglia's career going up in flames here. His body is just giving up on him. Not sure if he'll have the drive anymore to keep it up, to be honest. He just turned 34, and he's played 500 club games, almost 60 games for Argentina. He's played a lot and done a lot. He always said he'd like to retire with us. Maybe he will at the end of his deal. Not the rosy way to go out, but...

naraku

16 Feb 2020, 21:58

LemonCookies wrote:
Sad to see Biglia's career going up in flames here. His body is just giving up on him. Not sure if he'll have the drive anymore to keep it up, to be honest. He just turned 34, and he's played 500 club games, almost 60 games for Argentina. He's played a lot and done a lot. He always said he'd like to retire with us. Maybe he will at the end of his deal. Not the rosy way to go out, but...

I always liked him just not at Milan. I read that he's missed like 40 from 70 games for us through injury ? I think that the article went on to say he is a 40M flop inc his wage.

Nevertheless, Biglia was a very good player. He probably should retire unless he finds a club in Argentina or Qatar or China that would risk paying him. But, I think it's good for him to retire now.

naraku

16 Feb 2020, 22:10

* Same old same old coming up with Donnarumma. He is an undeniable talent but he already gets paid a shit tonne of money. I'd tell him no more than 7M otherwise he can see where he can go. Most top clubs have someone. I'd sell him to Chelsea for Baka+40M.

* Not sure why we're rushing to sign Rebic ? He is here for 2 year's.

* Kjaer on the cheap is a no brainer. It means either Musacchio goes or Duarte.

Romagnoli (Kjaer)- TS (Musa/Duarte) loan Gabbia.
Suddenly, that looks solid as fuck.

* Ibrahimovic might get a management role if he retires. I hope he can manage 1 more year. He looks great but if we manage to get European qualification, it's critical to get him support be it Belotti or Cavani. Leao is raw and young even though he has talent.

A management team of Maldini,Boban and Ibrahimovic would be fantastic in theroy. We just need Albertini or Rui Costa to complete it IMO.
Last edited by naraku on 16 Feb 2020, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

naraku

16 Feb 2020, 22:27

I'd like to see us get a bit Italian this Summer: Belotti, Chiesa, Tonali. TS (free) , Meunier (free).

Reina
Meunier- TS- Romagnoli-Theo
Samu- Tonali-Baka- Benn
Chiesa
Ibra/Belotti

Bench: Plizzari; Conti/Calabria, Musa, Kjaer, Robinson; Saelemakers, Krunic, Kebab, Rebic; Leao, Belotti.

+ Maldini, Brescianni and Poegba are probably our additional player's.

I think we could get Tonali for around 35-40 since he wouldn't say no to us. So that's Donna's money should he leave.

Belotti around 35 - money from Kessie primarily. Also money perhaps from Durate/Musacchio.

Chiesa is probably the more difficult purchase, but around 40 which comes from Paqueta and saved salaries on Biglia, Bona and even Donnarumma. When you look at those 3 it's probably 12-13M.

Try for Robinson again and he comes from the sale of Conti or Calabria + Laxalt.

If Donna doesn't go, then instead of Baka I think we then can look at one of the " ic" to come in be Modric, Rakitic or Matic. Maybe try for one any way since midfield is thin.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

16 Feb 2020, 23:11

naraku wrote:
* Same old same old coming up with Donnarumma. He is an undeniable talent but he already gets paid a shit tonne of money. I'd tell him no more than 7M otherwise he can see where he can go. Most top clubs have someone. I'd sell him to Chelsea for Baka+40M.

Depends on whether Monaco buy him after his loan. No idea if they will or not, yet.

* Not sure why we're rushing to sign Rebic ? He is here for 2 year's.

We don't want his value to keep ramping up, so we probably want to buy him early when his valuation is still 20ish mil, not 30+.

* Kjaer on the cheap is a no brainer. It means either Musacchio goes or Duarte.

Yep. Our best defender right now.

* Ibrahimovic might get a management role if he retires. I hope he can manage 1 more year. He looks great but if we manage to get European qualification, it's critical to get him support be it Belotti or Cavani. Leao is raw and young even though he has talent.

A management team of Maldini,Boban and Ibrahimovic would be fantastic in theroy. We just need Albertini or Rui Costa to complete it IMO.

Too many guys. We're already paying a lot for our management. Adding more? I dunno...Let Ibra be an ambassador like Baresi is. I imagine he'd like a role like that. Free tickets to our games, can stay relevant and visible in the footballing world, etc.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

17 Feb 2020, 04:07

I think 4th is out of our reach. 5th, however, is quite doable, imo. Roma have been shocking, and I think we can compete well enough against Verona and Napoli to secure it. I doubt Parma will be able to keep up, either. 5th would be our highest place finish since 2013's 3rd place, and it'd be an automatic entry into EL's group stage. EL may not be the CL, but its revenue would still be important for us. Our squad isn't ready for CL. Pioli has worked miracles since he's been here with our squad. If he manages us to 5th, even a comfortable 5th pushing on 4th, we ought to keep him and build a stronger, deeper squad for next season. 5th, instead of 6th, also gives us more time in the summer, rather than having to play useless qualifiers at the end of July/early August.

naraku

17 Feb 2020, 22:54

LemonCookies wrote:
I think 4th is out of our reach. 5th, however, is quite doable, imo. Roma have been shocking, and I think we can compete well enough against Verona and Napoli to secure it. I doubt Parma will be able to keep up, either. 5th would be our highest place finish since 2013's 3rd place, and it'd be an automatic entry into EL's group stage. EL may not be the CL, but its revenue would still be important for us. Our squad isn't ready for CL. Pioli has worked miracles since he's been here with our squad. If he manages us to 5th, even a comfortable 5th pushing on 4th, we ought to keep him and build a stronger, deeper squad for next season. 5th, instead of 6th, also gives us more time in the summer, rather than having to play useless qualifiers at the end of July/early August.

This.

Pioli doesn't get a lot of credit anywhere it seems. But the guy has done something almost unbelievable with this squad.

He had the balls to bench Suso and change the formation. Past coaches kept the formation and tried to alter things around Suso.
Pioli also selects who is best for the squad and doesn't stick to favourites.
I like his subs ( though tonight, I would of brought Leao on earlier for Samu) and he seems positive.
Sure, I would like Allegri or Pep or Klopp like most would.
But I wouldn't be against Stefano going around again next season barring a catastrophic end to this season.

naraku

17 Feb 2020, 22:56

I can't believe we're chasing Hellas Verona in 6th while Man Utd are chasing Sheffield United!

WTF!!!???

Fiorentina next and is away. If we can win that match we're hopefully in a good place.
Next game against Genoa MIGHT be an opportunity to start Leao over Ibrahimovic and Laxalt over Theo. Those two look tired.

naraku

18 Feb 2020, 21:57

LemonCookies wrote:
We don't want his value to keep ramping up, so we probably want to buy him early when his valuation is still 20ish mil, not 30+

I figured they can practically just be a trade. Both in the same age bracket, both seem settled and in form as well.

Silva 5 goals 2 assists.
Rebic 6 goals 0 assists.

Would make perfect sense.....which is probably why it won't happen!

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

19 Feb 2020, 23:59

What if Atalanta just decides to win the CL? Toyed with Valencia today. Gasperini the Italian Guardiola.

naraku

21 Feb 2020, 07:15

MRI confirmed a muscular injury in the left thigh for Kjaer

Calhanoglu, Musacchio and Kjaer worked individually on the field

Saelemaekers sustained a contusive knock to his left ankle. Medical checks tomorrow

:fp:

What's happening with our training? Too match simulated?

We have a thin squad already, it will be even worse if these 4 miss.

I expect Kebab to be fit though, the other's we'll see.

naraku

22 Feb 2020, 02:05

Mirabelli's comments on Maldini:

"Those who have played at the very highest levels are not necessarily capable of being directors," said Mirabelli.

"Paolo is at the beginning and is working hard. He will need time to gain confidence in the job."

Mirabelli’s spending spree in the summer of 2017 was over €200m, an amount the club is still struggling with today.

"People who say I put the club in financial difficulty is said by those who don’t know the facts.

"We had to create a new team in only one transfer window, we had to buy ten players."

None of Mirabelli's transfers worked out! He blew 280M! Kalinic, Borini,Bonucci, Andre Silva , RR all flopped.
Only Musacchio is worth his position and then maybe only as a squad player.

He took the budget for Aubameyang and brought Bonucci even though we didn't need him. Sure, getting Bonucci seemed quite a steal, but I always wondered how we would of faired with Aubameyang.
Then after Bonucci, we could only afford crap like Kalinic, Matri or Zaza.

In contrast, Maldini has Giampaolo on him. But he rectified that ASAP. Pioli has stabilized Milan and Ibrahimovic has done exactly what I hoped : help weed out the shit kickers but also provide some real leadership on the pitch.
Maldini we know was a massive influence in getting Theo to the club who along with Bennecar has been our best signings. Even Krunic seems like a decent squad player. Only Duarte is a question mark for me.

Mirabelli is just Merda scum as far as I'm concerned.

naraku

22 Feb 2020, 23:40

We are so not good enough. Another game where the ref is making sure we're fucked, however we don't help ourselves by missing EASY chance's. We should of beaten Fiorentina 3-0, if we include the bs penalty obviously then 3-1.
I don't know why Leao has gotten 0 game times even though Ibra is clearly tiring.
Alexis looks good and needs either a start at RB or to come on sooner.

This Summer we need to clean the other half of the house.
I would keep : Donnarumma, Theo, Romagnoli, Gabbia, Bennecar, Samu, Ibrahimovic, Rebic and Leao.
That's my squad. Everyone is potentially sellable.

I think at this rate Ibra won't resign so I hope we get Cavani or similar.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

25 Feb 2020, 00:36

Wanted to shout out Fiorentina's Castrovilli. Been impressed with him all season and he really showed off against us. He's defensively naive which needs improvement, but man, his composure and technique on the ball looks almost generational. It's pretty clear he's a Milan fan as he's buttered us up in interviews whenever he's given the chance. I think that after finding a proper defensive midfielder Castrovilli should be on the table, along with De Paul.

Too weak defensively, too attacking, too little long ball? Dunno, looks better on paper than anything with Tonali in there, imo:

Castrovilli/De Paul - Bakayoko - Bennacer

naraku

25 Feb 2020, 11:33

Milan want to extend Ibrahimovic’s contract at the club beyond this season, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. It is also likely that they redeem Kjaer from Sevilla for €2.5M [GdS]

Ibrahimovic renewal is obvious if he is up for it and we invest.
Kjaer at that price is a no brainer. He's been good and is a good 3rd choice assuming we can get TS or another veteran CB.