For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Andrea Conti

16 Sep 2017, 16:54

milanist wrote:
Conti: 'I'll be back stronger'

Milan full-back Andrea Conti underwent ACL surgery today and sent a message from his hospital bed. “I’ll be back even stronger.”

The former Atalanta player sustained the injury in his left knee during training on Friday.

He went under the knife with Professor Schonhuber’s team and is expected to be out of action for six months.

“The surgery went perfectly,” wrote Conti on his Instagram account.

“We begin again from here, from this bed, from physiotherapy, from the desire to never give up and always smile, from the desire to get back on to the pitch not like I was before, but even stronger, because this ‘incident’ certainly won’t hold me back…

“I consider myself fortunate, because I discovered that many people care for me; starting from my club, who I will always be grateful to for what they are doing for me, through my fantastic teammates, the fans who make their support felt and all those who dedicated even just one minute of their time to send me a message.

“Then there’s all the love of my family, my girlfriend and my closest friends, who give me incredible strength and make me invincible!

“I am ready to face this new challenge and I don’t care how long it will take, because I have an incredible desire to be a protagonist again and smash it: a season as protagonists awaits us, and I still want to be a part of it!”

https://www.football-italia.net/109959/ ... k-stronger

Great attitude :thumbsup: :red: :black:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

16 Sep 2017, 18:18

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

19 Sep 2017, 00:38

:lol:

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

21 Sep 2017, 01:46

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

14 Oct 2017, 02:58

Conti ‘bothered’ by Derby absence

Injured Andrea Conti admits missing Sunday’s Derby della Madonnina “bothers me a lot” but assures Milan remain “a lifelong dream”.

Conti is not expected back untilthe New Year after rupturing knee ligaments last month, thereby ruling the full-back out of the showdown with Inter this weekend.

“Inter? Not being able to play in the derby bothers me a lot,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I can’t put it into words... but these things are part of football. I’ve seen all my teammates, who have been training every day to prepare for the game.

“I’m there recovering on the treatment table, while they prepare for the game. Recovery is the most tedious period. The most painful one is about 15 days after the operation.

“I couldn’t move. I even needed someone to help me shower, but now the difficult part is over.

“Physical condition? The doctors have said that everything’s going well, better than expected.

“Collection of football shirts? I always try to swap shirts with players that I face, but a great one I have is Buffon’s, which I got last season after I scored against him.

“The shirts of the top players are the most popular. After my first or second chat with him, I asked him if we could swap shirts and he obliged.

“My growth? As a child, I always thought about having fun above everything else. After that, the staff thought very highly of me.

“I didn’t believe them much at first, but after my first few seasons as a professional, I realised my worth.

“My transfer to Milan? It wasn’t easy to leave Atalanta. I grew up there and it was like a family, but Milan was a lifelong dream of mine and I couldn’t miss out on it.

“My recovery? Six months, but I could get back sooner…”

http://www.football-italia.net/111251/conti-‘bothered’-derby-absence

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

23 Oct 2017, 20:26

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

28 Oct 2017, 03:51

naraku

29 Oct 2017, 09:48

desperately need him back.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

29 Oct 2017, 18:20

naraku wrote:
desperately need him back.

Also worth noting that Kessie played best when he was with him.

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

31 Oct 2017, 21:23

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

11 Nov 2017, 15:52

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

16 Nov 2017, 15:26

Conti: ‘Milan will make CL’

Andrea Conti reveals he chose Milan over Inter, and is sure “we’ll get into the Champions League”.

The full-back is currently out with a cruciate ligament injury, and he spoke to Gazzetta dello Sport about his recovery and the Rossoneri’s ambitions.

“The first 15 days was very difficult,” Conti admitted.

“They told me to rest, I’d go from the bed to the couch and then I couldn’t sleep at night.

“The worst pain was in the first three minutes. There was a deep pass, I stretched to intercept it and I felt my knee go out and then in very quickly.

“It was an incredible pain, then I had to spend 15 days taking painkillers at breakfast for my thigh. They took the tendon from there, it was like having a tear.

“Now I come to Milanello in the morning, from 9.30 I’m on the treatment table. Then we alternate with weights and metabolic work, to cycling or rowing.

“I’ve learned that rest counts for a lot, so in the afternoon I go for ice and then that’s it.

“They told me I’ll be back in March, but it depends how the knee reacts. A few days ago I got to jog, it was such a release but after five minutes I couldn’t do it anymore.

“There’s still nothing with the ball, just a few small passes.

“Can I still do it? Ah, it’s not like I was a phenomenon before…”

Conti then reflected on his move to the Diavolo, and the aims for the season ahead.

“I’d just gone to the beach, I’d picked up my luggage then I got a phone call telling me I had to come back.

“My agent told me about Napoli, there was something with Chelsea but the real alternative was Inter. Milan’s interest was much greater and I decided. I like the idea of a new cycle.

“It’ll take time, but we’ll get into the Champions League. Juve and Napoli are ahead of the rest, then Inter are very well drilled, then there’s Roma and Lazio. We’ll fight with them.”

https://www.football-italia.net/112871/ ... l%E2%80%99

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

18 Nov 2017, 19:26