For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

01 Jul 2019, 17:03

If all the outgoing player rumors are true, we will have 6 to 7 first team players next season. 6 to 7 players. *cough* 6 TO 7 PLAYERS. Someone's gonna have to explain to me how we're going to compete when we sell 80% of our current squad, yet aren't willing to put down cash on players. We're really going to overhaul 3 quarters of our team? Are we just going to loan in 15 players, only to see them scoot next summer? I swear the newspapers and twitter feeds just pull shit out their asses every day just for clicks. Zero evidence, straight bullshit. Why the fuck would we have a rumor selling Borini (the most versatile Serie A player since Pepe) or Cutrone instead of a Strinic rumor, for example? I really don't understand this blitz from the media that's pushing this, "Milan are looking to sell the entire squad except for 3 people. Milan plan to play with 4 players every game next season to ensure CL." Like wtf.

Edit: Basically, we still need a bench, even if we're just in Serie A and Coppa next season. We're utterly retarded if we try and replicate F&M strategy of buying a good starting 11 without ANY worthwhile squad players, because if the imagined starting 11 doesn't work (like with that F&M squad), then we have zero recourse. We're stuck. This is why Suso and Hakan and others have been so frustrating, because even if they deserved to be benched, it's difficult to look at our past squads and say, "this guy can compete as well as a shit Hakan." Guys like Samu and Borini were some of the only guys to even come close, and we're supposedly looking to offload them. Zzzzzzz.

naraku

01 Jul 2019, 23:51

I think it's as simple as no one wants someone like Strinic. Any of the supposed offers are for players we wouldn't really want to sell, but no one seemingly wants Strinic, Samu or ( as I've mentioned a few times) Suso.
Using Strinic as the example, who would pay money for our soon to be 4th choice LB who has a heart condition and isn't exactly young?
Samu, I think since he is a winger doesn't fit Giampaolo's game plan. But maybe he could be a fill in SS?
Borini I doubt will go unless he requested it.
So it seems only Donnarumma has any interest and he does not want to go! Haha

I do not know what the fuck we are going to do, but it sucks to be current management.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

02 Jul 2019, 02:14

naraku wrote:
I think it's as simple as no one wants someone like Strinic. Any of the supposed offers are for players we wouldn't really want to sell, but no one seemingly wants Strinic, Samu or ( as I've mentioned a few times) Suso.
Using Strinic as the example, who would pay money for our soon to be 4th choice LB who has a heart condition and isn't exactly young?
Samu, I think since he is a winger doesn't fit Giampaolo's game plan. But maybe he could be a fill in SS?
Borini I doubt will go unless he requested it.
So it seems only Donnarumma has any interest and he does not want to go! Haha

I do not know what the fuck we are going to do, but it sucks to be current management.

I just hope we get our business done quickly so we don't miss out on guys and then settle for less.

naraku

02 Jul 2019, 09:22

LemonCookies wrote:
I just hope we get our business done quickly so we don't miss out on guys and then settle for less.

Well, if all the media reports where true then we missed out on : Sensi, Verecourt and Manolas. Then again how much does media know? Krunic was under the radar, and Theo was initially as well. So I hope there's just a heap of smokescreens going on.

naraku

02 Jul 2019, 23:48

I wonder how much salt we are getting over veretout and any other Fior players from the new owner? He wanted to buy into Milan of course then it didn't happen for him.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

04 Jul 2019, 04:24

naraku wrote:
I wonder how much salt we are getting over veretout and any other Fior players from the new owner? He wanted to buy into Milan of course then it didn't happen for him.

He's got Montella at the reigns, too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

04 Jul 2019, 15:51

ALL THE LEFTBACKS. We currently have RR, Strinic, Laxalt, and we just signed Theo Hernandez. Media: "Milan are interested in Marcelo and Gosens."

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

04 Jul 2019, 19:58

Empoli mids, alright. Bennacer has a huge ceiling, although I'm not sure if he's ready to walk right into our midfield. Veretout might be a better replacement for Kessie than Bakayoko/Biglia, but I guess he's better than nothing. Bennacer - Veretout - Kessie isn't impressing me all that much. I'd rather if we kept Kessie, moved Bennacer in front of the defense, and sign Pellegrini for LCM/AM.

Then again, a deal for Veretout where we get rid of Biglia is hard to pass up, though I guess Viola is currently passing it up :b:

I'd still love Ziyech, tho. Perfect AM for us. Would push Paqueta a bit deeper at LCM, which is where I'd like him to play. https://www.marca.com/en/football/spani ... b4609.html

Surely he'd think Milan isn't Sevilla-tier.

naraku

06 Jul 2019, 02:43

LemonCookies wrote:
Empoli mids, alright. Bennacer has a huge ceiling, although I'm not sure if he's ready to walk right into our midfield. Veretout might be a better replacement for Kessie than Bakayoko/Biglia, but I guess he's better than nothing. Bennacer - Veretout - Kessie isn't impressing me all that much. I'd rather if we kept Kessie, moved Bennacer in front of the defense, and sign Pellegrini for LCM/AM.

Then again, a deal for Veretout where we get rid of Biglia is hard to pass up, though I guess Viola is currently passing it up :b:

I'd still love Ziyech, tho. Perfect AM for us. Would push Paqueta a bit deeper at LCM, which is where I'd like him to play. https://www.marca.com/en/football/spani ... b4609.html

Surely he'd think Milan isn't Sevilla-tier.

Bennacer is an impressive kid and I hope we can get him signed ASAP.

Veretout, I wouldn't complain if we signed him but for some reason I don't really care if we miss out. Though as you said, if it means Biglia goes....

I think Ziyach is a great player but no CL means a lot to some of these kids too. That said I don't even know if Sevilla qualified. Lol

Pellegrini doesn't seem likely, and Silva+15M for Neves is too good to be true so I disregard that straight away.
Any chance for Donny Van Beek or did we miss him too?

naraku

06 Jul 2019, 02:44

I would love to test the waters with a bid for Zaniolo...

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

07 Jul 2019, 02:35

naraku wrote:
I would love to test the waters with a bid for Zaniolo...

His work rate is pretty meh, though. Certainly talented, but I'm not so sure about him. I'd be interested to see how he progresses next season after already being out of the hat, so to speak.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

07 Jul 2019, 02:54

Need the Krunic announcement, btw. Dude's on our website.

Edit: Anyone think we might buy Nainggolan? Seems he's leaving, even though he just got there. It's been awhile since we fleeced our little brothers. Might be one of those "completely under the radar" sort of deals, who knows.

naraku

08 Jul 2019, 00:16

LemonCookies wrote:
His work rate is pretty meh, though. Certainly talented, but I'm not so sure about him. I'd be interested to see how he progresses next season after already being out of the hat, so to speak.

He will probably end up at Jube's bench then they sell him for +20M what they paid. :b:

As for Radja, I think he will go back to Rome. I would of liked him when he was at Cagliari. For a little while I thought Allegri might bring him, of course out of any of his former players there we got Matri.

naraku

08 Jul 2019, 00:20

I have heard Bennecar has been playing well at the African nations. I hope we sign him up before some tries to snipe that deal.

Also, reading Theos little interview he mentions Samu - could owe Samu on that one if Theo turns out good- but Samu should be kept as a backup SS unless a good offer comes in.

Now, Donnarumma turning up to training and not wanting to leave means we MUST sell Suso and maybe Hakan or Kessie to make money.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

08 Jul 2019, 02:51

naraku wrote:
I have heard Bennecar has been playing well at the African nations. I hope we sign him up before some tries to snipe that deal.

Also, reading Theos little interview he mentions Samu - could owe Samu on that one if Theo turns out good- but Samu should be kept as a backup SS unless a good offer comes in.

Now, Donnarumma turning up to training and not wanting to leave means we MUST sell Suso and maybe Hakan or Kessie to make money.

Agree, Bennacer looks great. Samu should stay because he works hard and can offer a bit of wide play up front when we need it. We can't play a more narrow game every time out, and Samu would let us have a bit more width sometimes.

And the Donnarumma rumor really surprised me. Didn't expect him to potentially renew on a pay cut. Predictably, Raiola hates that, but fuck me, it'd be great if Donna actually grows a pair and makes his own decisions. I was NOT expecting this news at all. Hopefully it's not bullshit, because as you say, if Donna does end up staying, we can then get rid of Suso...assuming anyone will buy him.