08 Jul 2019, 21:21

Rade, :b:

Of the players we have right now and are linked with:

Donna
Calabria - Musa - Capitano - Theo
Rade - Veretout - Ben
Paq
Piatek - Everton

Not bad. Need to figure out the situations of Kessie, Suso, Hakan, RR, and Laxalt. Maybe we can do better than Veretout, Rade, and Musa. Seems our management is aware of at least Musa. I'd be fine with keeping Kessie and not selling for a small profit. Either RR or Laxalt should stay. I'd rather RR because he's a classy person and can play CB in an emergency. I'd also keep Hakan, assuming he wants competition. Suso obvious sell.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

09 Jul 2019, 04:32

I'd assume that we consider Ben a more attacking player, but I wonder if Lyon's Aouar is available? He'd be an immense pickup for the side midfield role. Could maybe push Ben in front of defense, with Kessie on the right to help keep him from being overwhelmed.

naraku

09 Jul 2019, 10:45

LemonCookies wrote:
Rade, :b:

Of the players we have right now and are linked with:

Donna
Calabria - Musa - Capitano - Theo
Rade - Veretout - Ben
Paq
Piatek - Everton

Not bad. Need to figure out the situations of Kessie, Suso, Hakan, RR, and Laxalt. Maybe we can do better than Veretout, Rade, and Musa. Seems our management is aware of at least Musa. I'd be fine with keeping Kessie and not selling for a small profit. Either RR or Laxalt should stay. I'd rather RR because he's a classy person and can play CB in an emergency. I'd also keep Hakan, assuming he wants competition. Suso obvious sell.

Unless RR wants to leave due to not starting, then he should stay. Laxalt seems to have suitors, not sure about Strinic.
I still hope we can get a Zaniolo or pellegrini type for our midfield, but I have no idea who will come in at CB.

SS seems like Everton is a possibility again and I heard Serginho is helping with that deal.

We still need to get rid of Antonio Donna, Suso, the Lbs mentioned, Borini and maybe Kessie.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

09 Jul 2019, 15:57

Boner, :b:

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

11 Jul 2019, 00:06

Bennacer is all wrapped up it seems, just harder to figure out the details because he's' still playing at the AFCON.

I really wish Caldara was a more known quantity right now. If he's healthy and fit, he's our guy for a decade. But if he's regressed physically, and is squeamish because of his injuries, then I don't know if I trust him. We're obviously shopping for a CB, but I'm not sure if we're after a starter or a backup. If we just want a backup, then somebody like Bastos from Lazio would be a good pickup. If we want a starter, then I'm unsure why we weren't willing to pay up for Andersen. Hopefully we don't choose somebody mediocre without a big ceiling and we're stuck with a bad wage (Rami, Alex, etc.) Edit: Basically, we either buy someone better than Musacchio or not at all, and just have Musa, Caldara, and (Bastos or whomever) fight for the second CB spot. I'd still love Savic here, but that won't happen, zzz.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

11 Jul 2019, 04:11

Perhaps worth noting that Sampdoria's brought in several midfielders already this summer...might be planning for Praet's departure, who knows. Now that Andersen went to Lyon for 30mil, maybe Praet is a more cost effective deal by himself. I get the sense that we have a good relationship with Ferrero, so maybe he won't want to fleece us. I'd imagine that 20-25mil would land us Praet.

naraku

11 Jul 2019, 08:18

LemonCookies wrote:
Perhaps worth noting that Sampdoria's brought in several midfielders already this summer...might be planning for Praet's departure, who knows. Now that Andersen went to Lyon for 30mil, maybe Praet is a more cost effective deal by himself. I get the sense that we have a good relationship with Ferrero, so maybe he won't want to fleece us. I'd imagine that 20-25mil would land us Praet.

I have seen reports saying Praet to Valencia for 16M+bonuses. Waiting for confirmation of that still.

I read also we're interested in Upacameco ( I can't spell his name at all) from RB Leipzig. He would be great, but I know he would cost a shitload!

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

12 Jul 2019, 02:59

naraku wrote:
I have seen reports saying Praet to Valencia for 16M+bonuses. Waiting for confirmation of that still.

I read also we're interested in Upacameco ( I can't spell his name at all) from RB Leipzig. He would be great, but I know he would cost a shitload!

Well...

I'd rather the RB Leipzig guy than Pezzella. Upamecano could be very good. Pezzella isn't very good right now, and is 8 years older. Also, why would Fiorentina sell their captain so soon after Astori's passing? Besides that bit, they might (seems likely) lose their best midfielder in Veretout, and they could STILL lose Chiesa. Like, Viola almost got relegated last season, if they sell their three best players in one summer, uhhhhhhh......thank God we avoided that Commiso guy then. Somehow might make the Chinese look more competent.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

13 Jul 2019, 22:17

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

14 Jul 2019, 04:44

Why aren't there Chinese clubs wanting Suso? He's perfect. Lazy, skills, can be played up front to maximize goals and assists, come onnn. I'd rather we sell away from a rival like Roma.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

15 Jul 2019, 18:44

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

15 Jul 2019, 22:20

Well, alright. What now? I wonder if it'd be wise to get a player like Praet (and conclude the business for Bennacer), while keeping Hakan and Kessie, so that eventually we buy Tonali. If we buy a sure fire starter at DM this summer, then Tonali is effectively nixed, imo. Praet, Kessie, Bennacer, Hakan, Paqueta, Biglia, Bona. 7 players for 4 spots is decent coverage, espeically when we just have the league and cup to worry about. Max like...44-45 games for any one player isn't bad. Depending on who's good/bad, this would provide room for Tonali next season (or next January).

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

17 Jul 2019, 00:40

If we can't/won't pay 20mil for Vertoot, then how are we going to pay for Modric, whose wage is prolly 4x as big, too.

As for Demiral, okay. But, Juve just bought him. I'd rather we ship Hakan out for that big black stud and keep funds for a proper mezzala.

naraku

17 Jul 2019, 10:21

LemonCookies wrote:
If we can't/won't pay 20mil for Vertoot, then how are we going to pay for Modric, whose wage is prolly 4x as big, too.

As for Demiral, okay. But, Juve just bought him. I'd rather we ship Hakan out for that big black stud and keep funds for a proper mezzala.

I think Real would let Modric go at a good price, but yes, his wages could be the issue. Hopefully he would sacrifice a bit if Boban gets in his ear. I do think it's unlikely, but he would be welcome even at 34 we need an on field general to lead the kids.

As for Demirel, I don't want a dry loan to just help out Jube. I don't think it's possible , but if RB Leipzig are interested then Hakan +cash for Upa would be a dream. It also gives cover to us incase Caldara doesn't come back the same.

naraku

17 Jul 2019, 10:26

FWIW, I would do the Suso/Schick swap.

1. I rate Suso that little in Giampaolo's formation/tactics
2. Hoping Schick can recover some of his Samp form.

Also, if we can get De Paul that would be amazing.

De Paul
Paqueta - Bennecar - Modric

Kessie, Jack, Rade, Bilglia

That's very good.