For the modern Milanista

naraku

Re: Transfer Rumours

01 Aug 2019, 02:57

Milan have reportedly set their sights on Danish right-back Peter Ankersen, who is available from FC Copenhagen for €2m.

It goes back to what I was saying that Conti can't defend. If Ankersen is who I am recalling from international matches then he is a capable defender to backup Calabria.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

02 Aug 2019, 00:55

Interesting comments from Fassone. I'm not giving a pass to either Fassone or Mirabelli, but it seems more true every time it comes up how much of a disaster the Chinese were. In hindsight, it was a major bummer that we missed out on Auba, but somehow, his purchase resulted in Caldara - and if he can be a beast, then it's worth, I think. It's also clear to me that even with Auba instead of Bonucci, we'd have still finished in EL. 4th place was EL still, not CL yet, and the gulf between 3rd and 4th that season ended up being 16 points (23 between 6th place us and 3rd.) There's no fucking way that Auba would have gotten us that many points when our defense was a shambles and midfield idea-less. We were always out of the CL discussion that season, and only this past season did we have a real chance because Roma, Lazio, and Napoli took steps back. Last year was the first real year that we have been able to challenge for CL (mostly because of 4th place becoming CL) which is pretty positive I think. We've moved past EL now, despite sucking balls in it, and CL is right in our sights. If we can actually finalize another midfielder or two, I will be incredibly happy and hopeful.

Will prolly live to regret this but I predict:

1. Napoli
2. Juventus
3. Inter
4. Milan
5. Lazio
6. Roma
7. Torino

Shout out to il Toro who beat their first EL minnows today. I have a soft spot for them, despite Cairo's antics, and so I'm glad they got the EL spot we gave up. The last time they played in Europe they went fairly far, so hopefully they can repeat that. Mazzarri is an underrated coach too, so I expect him to do well.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

03 Aug 2019, 22:26

Great progress through the preseason games. Suso has surprised me. Unfortunately, Romagnoli needs to get with the program. Looks completely off out there. As for Musacchio, not sure what the fuck I've been watching. Absolute shite. I was thinking that Duarte was just going to be a backup, but uh, even Gabbia looks more confident than Musa atm.

naraku

04 Aug 2019, 05:29

Regarding your ladder order, I still say Jube win it but won't be unhappy if you are right. Question is, who would you prefer to win : Jube or Merda? I think I'd prefer Jube...

... Still not convinced with Suso bro. It's just preseason. Poli was WC a few years ago.
I would definitely sell him to Lyon or Monaco if possible and go with either Correa or De Paul. That said, I wouldn't pay 40M for De Paul.

Musa is probably just bench material now. I still hoped we could get Dayot, but probably 1% chance.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

05 Aug 2019, 17:49

naraku wrote:
Regarding your ladder order, I still say Jube win it but won't be unhappy if you are right. Question is, who would you prefer to win : Jube or Merda? I think I'd prefer Jube...

... Still not convinced with Suso bro. It's just preseason. Poli was WC a few years ago.
I would definitely sell him to Lyon or Monaco if possible and go with either Correa or De Paul. That said, I wouldn't pay 40M for De Paul.

Musa is probably just bench material now. I still hoped we could get Dayot, but probably 1% chance.

No way Printer wins Serie A. I don't think Conte will be able to turn that club around from top 4 to top 1, even with their signings. I'm throwing Napoli out there because they've upgraded everywhere, and I think people forget how much Allegri had his hands gripped around Serie A's balls. I don't think it's fair to assume that Sarri will just walk in and easy mode it again. Allegri won Serie A before going to Juve, Sarri hasn't - even if he got close that one year. I just feel like it's finally time for Napoli to win the title. If they don't this season, then I guess Juve's going to just keep owning the league. God knows we're at least a season away from competing for it.

And I know about Suso. He's a huge risk. There's nothing that tells me that he won't just turn off in December and go missing for 4 months. We CANNOT have that. I mean great, he gets us points, but he's so inconsistent that he ends up being our savior one game and the devil the next. But, we're now playing with a coherent system, so even if we lose one player to bad form or injury, we should still be able to compete. We were playing hero ball with Suso, which is one reason why he disappeared. I can only hope that he doesn't now that we're a real team now.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

06 Aug 2019, 17:58

At this point, I'd rather sell Hakan before Suso. Even if Suso is inconsistent, at least he gets us some points. Hakan doesn't provide much of anything outside of random long balls and the occasional through pass. He seems to be garnering more interest from other teams, as well. I don't think anyone wants to gamble on Suso, so we might as well gamble ourselves while he's already here. If nobody wants him this summer, then we're stuck with him anyway, so we might as well see whether he performs or not. If he eventually leaves for free or for peanuts, then it's not as if we declined a mega offer, as none have come (or will come, imo.)

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

07 Aug 2019, 00:02

Missed out on Praet it seems. He was a bargain for the ~20mil price tag. Need to keep Kessie at all costs now, imo. Don't see us selling Kessie and Suso AND getting two more quality (better) players as replacements (assuming Correa is a forward signing like he is/should be...)

naraku

07 Aug 2019, 12:31

LemonCookies wrote:
Missed out on Praet it seems. He was a bargain for the ~20mil price tag. Need to keep Kessie at all costs now, imo. Don't see us selling Kessie and Suso AND getting two more quality (better) players as replacements (assuming Correa is a forward signing like he is/should be...)

We have had to waste the time waiting for some sales. You still got to believe that Laxalt , Samu are still possible outs then also Strinic should probably have his deal ended by mutual consent. I know he hasn't played lately with his heart issues, but he's not exactly young so I am not sure if we should /will/can wait.

Suso has been publicly named by Lyon... Any chance of Depay for Suso straight up? Probably not.

I am of the belief that Modric and Correa will arrive near the end of the window, so unfortunately probably some more waiting for us.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

08 Aug 2019, 01:00

Why would we do this deal? We paid like 30mil at the end of his loan deal, no? No way we sell without a profit. I'll be furious if Giampaolo thinks Borini is anywhere near good enough in midfield, or if selling Kessie is the only way to fund Correa.

naraku

08 Aug 2019, 07:54

LemonCookies wrote:

Why would we do this deal? We paid like 30mil at the end of his loan deal, no? No way we sell without a profit. I'll be furious if Giampaolo thinks Borini is anywhere near good enough in midfield, or if selling Kessie is the only way to fund Correa.

I won't believe this deal until it's official ! It's too crazy ! Otherwise we MUST have at least 1 midfielder ready to be signed.

CAM: Suso/Hakan/Jack
LCM: Paqueta/Jack/Hakan
DM: Bennecar/Biglia
RCM: ??/ Krunic/ Borini

naraku

08 Aug 2019, 09:33

Despite Boban's denial :

Modric had informed people close to him "If I leave Real Madrid I would only join Milan" [Gazzetta dello Sport]

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

08 Aug 2019, 15:07

naraku wrote:
RCM: ??/ Krunic/ Borini

:fassone:

ArX

10 Aug 2019, 15:27

bennacer plays rcm for Algeria so he could cover cm as well if we ever need him to do so

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

11 Aug 2019, 18:19

I'd take Rebic over Correa if he's 15mil cheaper.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

11 Aug 2019, 22:38

I'll be worried if Giampaolo has told management to keep Suso, and we sell him anyway. This does not bode well if that's what happens. We hired Giampaolo to revitalize, and frankly revolutionize, our team and how we play. He's doing that, and if he wants to keep Suso, seemingly at all costs, then we need to trust in him. I really don't understand the media still. We can't snag Correa because we can't/won't pay 55mil for him, yet are wanting to sign Bruno Fernandes for 60mil+? When we're already seeing great success out of Suso and Jack at AM? Not buying it.

I think we need a second striker. That's all. I don't think we're getting rid of Biglia, Hakan, or Samu, so they are admirable bench players for Ben, Paqueta, and Kessie. Suso and Bona as our AM's seems fine until January if they somehow fail. Piatek/Leao as emergency front 2 is fine or as starter and sub. The issue remains second striker. Sell Andre Silva, even for 25mil, and buy a second striker. End transfer business (apart from 1-2 sales like Laxalt, Strinic, etc.). Then focus on the season.