Re: Transfer Rumours

27 Aug 2019, 19:34

Can Correa play on the wing?

naraku

27 Aug 2019, 23:52

Nestafan wrote:

I don't think he can? Which means he is perfect. We like to get AM and turn them to wingers!

Correa is fast becoming our new "epic" if we don't get him.

Dzeko, Cesc, SMS, Correa. All where top targets at one stage and none arrived. Let's see if Correa changes that or not.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

28 Aug 2019, 18:39

Nestafan wrote:

naraku wrote:

I don't think he can? Which means he is perfect. We like to get AM and turn them to wingers!

Correa can definitely play as a winger. He makes intelligent runs, is fast, can beat his man, has a good skill set on the ball, etc. He tends to drift wide, anyway, even if he doesn't start there. If we buy him to start on the right, he'd be similar to Callejon, I think. Only issue would be our inability to play long diagonals. Hakan is good at that, but he needs to gtfo. Bennacer is probably the only one who would be able to, unless we buy a good passing LW. The Bakayoko rumor wouldn't solve this, either, as he has zero long balling ability. He'd have to work on it and really make it a part of his game, which would be up to his willingness to and Giampaolo's will to coach him.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

30 Aug 2019, 15:33

Giampaolo: "The trequartista is a player who needs to have high work ethics as well as having a high quality that's why I think Suso is ideal there. It's all a question of context."

naraku

31 Aug 2019, 06:33

According to Pedulla there could be a swap between Milan & Genoa involving Andre Silva and Kouame.
Pedulla: James Rodriguez can arrive at the last moments of the mercato

We need to end with something like this. We have strengthened the squad and cut a lot of deadwood, but we don't have anyone that might tip a match in our favour enough. James can do that.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

01 Sep 2019, 23:20

Love this Rebic deal. Can be a bit of a "foward Kessie" at times, but he's a definite upgrade on Samu, Silva, etc. At the very least, he's going to work his absolute ass off for us in pressing and staying open. If we're keeping Suso, then Rebic is somebody that can help cover the missing ground Suso will leave open. Deal-wise, it's a no brainer. Silva has offered very little to this team, so even if Rebic flops, it can't be worse than what Silva's put in for us.

Donna
Calabria - Musa - Roma - Theo
Kessie - Ben - Paqueta
Rebic
Suso - Piatek

naraku

01 Sep 2019, 23:27

LemonCookies wrote:
Love this Rebic deal. Can be a bit of a "foward Kessie" at times, but he's a definite upgrade on Samu, Silva, etc. At the very least, he's going to work his absolute ass off for us in pressing and staying open. If we're keeping Suso, then Rebic is somebody that can help cover the missing ground Suso will leave open. Deal-wise, it's a no brainer. Silva has offered very little to this team, so even if Rebic flops, it can't be worse than what Silva's put in for us.

Donna
Calabria - Musa - Roma - Theo
Kessie - Ben - Paqueta
Rebic
Suso - Piatek

Rebic plus Taison is a very good close for us - if we can get Taison as well that is.

Two guy's that ACTUALLY fit Giampaolo's tactics very well IMO.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

02 Sep 2019, 04:22

naraku wrote:
Rebic plus Taison is a very good close for us - if we can get Taison as well that is.

Two guy's that ACTUALLY fit Giampaolo's tactics very well IMO.

Not really sure about Taison. I view him more as a winger, but I guess if we're wanting to be flexible with a 4-3-1-2 and a christmas tree, Taison would play well on the left of our attack. With Rebic, Taison, and Piatek, Suso prolly gonna get benched :b:

naraku

03 Sep 2019, 03:36

LemonCookies wrote:
Not really sure about Taison. I view him more as a winger, but I guess if we're wanting to be flexible with a 4-3-1-2 and a christmas tree, Taison would play well on the left of our attack. With Rebic, Taison, and Piatek, Suso prolly gonna get benched :b:

I actually didn't realize Taison is 32 ! lol

So 20M for him would of been overkill.

I'm hoping Giampaolo will go with:

Piatek- Rebic
Paqueta
Bona-Ben-Kessie
Theo-Ale-Musa-Conti
Gigio

I think overall that's a good and well balanced squad. I think both RR and Calabria have been average towards Shit, but I know it's only 2 games in. I know he will field Hakan, Suso and Borini though.

naraku

03 Sep 2019, 03:39

Overall we've got some very good prospects. I would of loved a big signing ( Modric, Isco, James , Rakitic) just to round it off. I am worried that we don't have a lot of experience because we know that can be very important in key moments- I actually think it's a key for Jube, like 'em or not they have some big time players with experience. Sometimes it doesn't matter ( like Ajax's CL run) but I think sometimes we've lost games in the past just due to a lack of experience and that's also included our coaches. They've all been young and relatively inexperienced coaches.

Theo, Ben and Leao all excite me the most but I'm hopeful for others as well.

about Rebic, was it him that used to play at Fiorentina or a guy with the same surname ? If him, I can't find much about him, did he flop ?

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

03 Sep 2019, 04:40

naraku wrote:
Overall we've got some very good prospects. I would of loved a big signing ( Modric, Isco, James , Rakitic) just to round it off. I am worried that we don't have a lot of experience because we know that can be very important in key moments- I actually think it's a key for Jube, like 'em or not they have some big time players with experience. Sometimes it doesn't matter ( like Ajax's CL run) but I think sometimes we've lost games in the past just due to a lack of experience and that's also included our coaches. They've all been young and relatively inexperienced coaches.

Theo, Ben and Leao all excite me the most but I'm hopeful for others as well.

about Rebic, was it him that used to play at Fiorentina or a guy with the same surname ? If him, I can't find much about him, did he flop ?

It's the same Rebic. He found his feet in Germany and for Croatia's national team (was a beast at the last World Cup). He never got much playing time for Fiorentina, so I wouldn't say he flopped there, frankly.

I agree with your first points and earlier post as well. Suso brings creativity, even if he's one-dimensional, so he plays. Hakan brings consistently good, though not great, work rate and a solid diagonal long ball, so he plays. Borini adds hustle and determination and desire to bag goals, so he plays. What's been killing us, is that all three of these guys don't do enough of anything else to really warrant so much play time. Suso is often lazy and can become disinterested in the middle of games, Hakan is a mental trainwreck who many times looks like he's not sure if he's playing tennis or football out there, and Borini is a runner without a brain most of the time. I think we've upgraded on Borini (and Samu) with Rebic. We also got rid of Silva. 3 birds with one stone here. Banger of a deal if Rebic plays well for us. Hakan is still Hakan. The only thing that benches him (his work rate and long ball threat) is Bona and Paqueta, but neither of them have the passing range or even the work rate, so center mid is more of the same. As for Suso, he's probably still going to play every game. We haven't bought someone who can be as threatening on the ball as he can be. Taison would have been able to challenge that, but at best, he'll arrive in January, if ever.

Big thing: we finally found an anchor. Ben played so well against Brescia. Theo, if he plays like he did in those first 30 minutes for us, is going to auto-bench Rick Rod, which will hopefully help unlock Hakan, Paqueta, Bona. I think they look lost on the left because they don't have a fullback willing to overlap (like an Abate, Calabria, Urby, etc.) We were also able to keep our two best players - Ale and Donna. Props to the management for keeping them central to the project.

Still, we have a long way to go. If Kessie doesn't learn some basic technique and willingness to pass, he should be sold eventually. LCM is still a question mark, in my opinion, as is at least one spot in our attack - whatever the formation is that we'll play.

For January - I think Rakitic ought to be a priority, unless he simply doesn't want to play for us. He's everything Hakan tries to be. He's also, imo, the best long passing midfielder in the world. Not since Pirlo (and prime Montolivo, I might add), have we had a guy who can just kill a whole team with a diagonal from behind the center circle. If we can land Rakitic, then it would take a monumental flop from Giampaolo if we don't make top 4. Rakitic's whole profile is precisely what we need right now, like I can't even help but get hyped about him and we're not even linked with the man.

Serie Beast

03 Sep 2019, 20:30

Rebic seems to be a hardass, which is fine (total opposite to the wuss Hakan), but I wish we had bought one more playmaker. For us to get 4th, Bennacer is going to have to develop quickly and lock down that regista role.

naraku

04 Sep 2019, 15:44

Serie Beast wrote:
Rebic seems to be a hardass, which is fine (total opposite to the wuss Hakan), but I wish we had bought one more playmaker. For us to get 4th, Bennacer is going to have to develop quickly and lock down that regista role.

I agree regarding a playmaker a good ball playing attacking mid. I hope we have done enough to compete with the top 4 and maybe in January we can get 1-2 extras in that mold.

naraku

04 Sep 2019, 15:48

I am a bit surprised no one not one serie A team wanted to bring Abate, bertolacci montolivo or mauri on a free.

Consider these where our bench guys last year.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

05 Sep 2019, 04:08

naraku wrote:
I am a bit surprised no one not one serie A team wanted to bring Abate, bertolacci montolivo or mauri on a free.

Consider these where our bench guys last year.

I think free agents can still go places for a couple more weeks, though. Monty's linked with Pippo's Benevento, for example.