For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

07 Sep 2019, 04:13

Good to see Silva already off to a good start with Frankfurt. I think it's in the best interests of everyone involved if Rebic succeeds here, and Silva succeeds there. 2 years is a long time from now, though. Hopefully shit doesn't hit the fan...

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

07 Sep 2019, 15:57

Annoying that the Suso renewal keeps coming up, always with a wage increase speculated. Our management has worked so hard to improve our wage bill, let's not blow it up again by giving Suso a fat one. He needs to feel like he's replaceable, otherwise he'll continue to dip in and out of caring every season as he has been since coming here. We can't have that if we want to go anywhere as a team.

Plus, I feel like Suso's stats are way overblown. Imagine where we'd be as a club if we had Callejon here instead of Suso. Callejon and Suso share the same position, yet the production that Callejon's been able to deliver on a consistent basis is just so much more than Suso. Some fans like to wack off to Suso's assist number, but Callejon put up 10 to Suso's 9 last season, and Callejon was 31/32. AND Callejon works his ass off on defense. I dunno. I know Suso can be flashy and people see him curl in a peach every now and then and we think he's world class, but the dude's severely limited and not someone to build a team around.

naraku

08 Sep 2019, 05:58

LemonCookies wrote:
Annoying that the Suso renewal keeps coming up, always with a wage increase speculated. Our management has worked so hard to improve our wage bill, let's not blow it up again by giving Suso a fat one. He needs to feel like he's replaceable, otherwise he'll continue to dip in and out of caring every season as he has been since coming here. We can't have that if we want to go anywhere as a team.

Plus, I feel like Suso's stats are way overblown. Imagine where we'd be as a club if we had Callejon here instead of Suso. Callejon and Suso share the same position, yet the production that Callejon's been able to deliver on a consistent basis is just so much more than Suso. Some fans like to wack off to Suso's assist number, but Callejon put up 10 to Suso's 9 last season, and Callejon was 31/32. AND Callejon works his ass off on defense. I dunno. I know Suso can be flashy and people see him curl in a peach every now and then and we think he's world class, but the dude's severely limited and not someone to build a team around.

And to think we where probably getting Callejon under Yonghong Li. But, your point is taken and valid anyway. I would like to think Suso had had bit of an eye opener. No big team came for him. Only Roma and Fiorentina who are both below Milan in any sense you can think of and possibly one or two of the French team's. Also, the fact that Maldini and Boban where more than open to selling him has to hit home for him. I certainly hope we are not stupid enough to extend him- and certainly not for the reported 6M/year. To think he dares to think he deserves what Donnarumma makes! Even if you don't like Gigio, everyone knows he has done more than Suso!

A lot is on Giampaolo now. He wanted to keep Suso, so he's got to make something of him now otherwise I think even the conservative fans will probably start whistling him if he is his usual crap self. A pity we didn't sell him to Spurs two years ago. *sigh*

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

09 Sep 2019, 04:03

naraku wrote:
And to think we where probably getting Callejon under Yonghong Li. But, your point is taken and valid anyway. I would like to think Suso had had bit of an eye opener. No big team came for him. Only Roma and Fiorentina who are both below Milan in any sense you can think of and possibly one or two of the French team's. Also, the fact that Maldini and Boban where more than open to selling him has to hit home for him. I certainly hope we are not stupid enough to extend him- and certainly not for the reported 6M/year. To think he dares to think he deserves what Donnarumma makes! Even if you don't like Gigio, everyone knows he has done more than Suso!

A lot is on Giampaolo now. He wanted to keep Suso, so he's got to make something of him now otherwise I think even the conservative fans will probably start whistling him if he is his usual crap self. A pity we didn't sell him to Spurs two years ago. *sigh*

I still trust Giampaolo, it's just a bit of a head scratcher why he put all his faith into Suso being his AM, but then dropped him from there right after the Udinese game, lol. I do think that Suso can still work, but I doubt it at this point. Everything depends on Rebic and how positive his impact is on our attacking play. If he doesn't play any better than Samu, then we're fucked unless Leao explodes.

naraku

10 Sep 2019, 01:27

LemonCookies wrote:
I still trust Giampaolo, it's just a bit of a head scratcher why he put all his faith into Suso being his AM, but then dropped him from there right after the Udinese game, lol. I do think that Suso can still work, but I doubt it at this point. Everything depends on Rebic and how positive his impact is on our attacking play. If he doesn't play any better than Samu, then we're fucked unless Leao explodes.

Other than what you've mentioned, I think he's given us fans an early heart attack by also thinking Borini can play midfield then also starting him. I'm sure when thing's settle he will revert to Kessie and Krunic but right now it's a bit polarizing.

I'm also surprised he hasn't used Bona yet, but I guess he missed a lot of football. Like you say, Rebic is going to be important but I've got a feeling Leao will do well. Maybe I'm just hoping.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

11 Sep 2019, 19:29

Only way I can see him staying here is if we do lower his salary. It was a huge mistake giving Donna 6mil to begin with, because that effectively killed any room for incrementally improving his salary over time. Instead, we skipped like 3-4 seasons worth of salary growth and gave him a fat pay day right out the gate. If anything, all our management did was kick the can down the road for our current management who now has to deal with the quandary.

To me, what it all boils down to is this: does Donna want to stay at Milan? If so, there are a number of options that he can take. One - take a pay cut and renew more years.Two - take a pay cut + more years AND fire Raiola. Three - Stay on the same 6mil for a while and simply renew his years. Four - Stay on 6mil + more years AND fire Raiola. But if Donna does NOT really want to stay at Milan, he'll let Raiola bully him around and our management will either give in to the bigger wage demands, thus hampering a lot of our progress toward skinning our wage bill, or we potentially let him go for free/bananas. And I don't want to see the excuse of, "oh, a player shouldn't have to renew for less if he deserves more!" Donna is already one of the highest paid goalkeepers in the world, and although he's floated between good and great for a while now, he's not worth much more than what he's making now. It's not unheard of for highly paid players to restructure their contracts so that the team as a whole can bring in better players or whatever else. It really is a question of character and moral integrity, here. Donna is being paid absolute bank right now. He's getting his. Now, he needs to decide whether he wants to succeed with Milan and actually win something, or if money is all he cares about. The irony is, that him making 6mil in itself is not really the problem - its the way in which he let it happen to begin with, and now, we'll see how he lets things happen this time. Hopefully he's grown up and will stop Raiola's greed from continuing to distract him.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

16 Sep 2019, 05:54

Was thinking of this when we were playing. It's never happening, but it might provide some stability to our team - provided everyone works hard and commits to the game plan:

Donna
Calabria - Musa - Ale - Theo
Paqueta - Kessie - Ben - Bona
Piatek - Rebic

4-4-2 is a pretty straightforward lineup. Overlapping fullbacks, inside wingers, one second striker with a poacher/running striker, complimentary two-man midfield (one creaty/tempo guy and one leg breaker/runner). Dunno. If our players look confused and don't know what to do in a 4-4-2...*screams*

naraku

22 Sep 2019, 03:41

I have mentioned this before, but I suspect Piatek is a one season wonder. I hope I am wrong!

I don't see us beating Toro. I hope Elliott is ruthless with Giampaolo, this " system" crap and " we where good vs Inter, just experience cost us" has already driven most of us insane I am sure. At this stage, I regret not even getting Wenger or Mourinho. It might be only 4 games in but we're horrendous.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

23 Sep 2019, 01:34

We'll see if Boban and Maldini have the balls to fire him and admit they fucked up by appointing him. Boban especially. He has taken a dump on Milan whenever he's been on TV for the last decade. Well, now he's a big boy at the club again. If shit hits the fan - which it already has - then he can't blame anyone else anymore. The buck stops at him. Hopefully he doesn't pussy out like Leonardo and actually lives up to his hard-ass persona and helps to run this club like it used to be when we were successful.

Also, even though Gattuso looked outclassed tactically in a lot of his games for us, he did get a lot right. We defended pretty damn well as a unit, and he was able to get the absolute maximum out of many of our players, despite the inconsistencies that come with relying on the likes of Hakan, Suso, and others. What's shocking is that we look both dumber and more lethargic under Giampaolo. I don't understand how we lost the one thing we had going for us under Gattuso, which was effort (bar a few players). It's pretty clear that Giampaolo has crumbled under the pressure and doesn't have big enough a dick to handle a club like Milan. If our management doesn't see this, it's hopeless, because it looks like it'll take a miracle for Giampaolo to turn this around.

naraku

23 Sep 2019, 02:28

Giampaolo does have a midtable mentality, you're right. I just don't know what goes through someone's mind when you think it's better to start Biglia instead of Ben ?

IT might be premature, but benching Piatek would be in order for me. Rebic and Leao have both shown more already IMO. I think those 2 upfront and SoSo or Paqueta behind them is worth trying.

I do hope Boban does rip the team an Giampoalo.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

30 Sep 2019, 17:29

Yes, let's throw another pool noodle at a former Milan legend (Sheva) and have him coach us for a few months only to be fired because he's too young/not good enough. New management, same shit ideas, why am I not surprised? When are we going to realize that it's childish and stupid to keep dragging our old guard through the mud just because they "know the Milan DNA". How about...we bring in a proper coach with experience in getting his team to CL?

Forget Wenger, Garcia, Shevchenko, whomever else - I want Marcelino. Fucking pronto. We should be all over him. Pay him a big phat fucking wage and get him in here. He did so well with a wildly limited Villareal team, getting 6th, 6th, and 4th with them in 3 seasons. With Valenica - he got 4th in both seasons, only to be fired by Valencia's retarded management. The man has shown himself to be a tactically astute and mature manager for about 6 years now at least. He also prefers a pretty simple, but effective, 4-4-2. I wrote a post a week or two ago saying that a 4-4-2 may be the best fit for our squad, so it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

Serie Beast

30 Sep 2019, 17:59

https://sempremilan.com/from-spain-real ... o-possible

Has Perez finally entered senile Galliani mode? Please let this be true.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

30 Sep 2019, 20:39

Serie Beast wrote:
https://sempremilan.com/from-spain-real-madrid-president-wants-suso-swap-deal-with-isco-possible

No way this is true. Though, perhaps Suso could be swapped with Vazquez. I'd take him in a heart beat. Poor man's Callejon, but he'd be miles ahead of Suso in a team like ours that always needs a bit of pace and work rate.

naraku

01 Oct 2019, 04:26

Serie Beast wrote:
https://sempremilan.com/from-spain-real-madrid-president-wants-suso-swap-deal-with-isco-possible

Real need to save money I heard so they can start new galatico phase , but Suso makes zero sense !

naraku

01 Oct 2019, 04:28

LemonCookies wrote:
Yes, let's throw another pool noodle at a former Milan legend (Sheva) and have him coach us for a few months only to be fired because he's too young/not good enough. New management, same shit ideas, why am I not surprised? When are we going to realize that it's childish and stupid to keep dragging our old guard through the mud just because they "know the Milan DNA". How about...we bring in a proper coach with experience in getting his team to CL?

Forget Wenger, Garcia, Shevchenko, whomever else - I want Marcelino. Fucking pronto. We should be all over him. Pay him a big phat fucking wage and get him in here. He did so well with a wildly limited Villareal team, getting 6th, 6th, and 4th with them in 3 seasons. With Valenica - he got 4th in both seasons, only to be fired by Valencia's retarded management. The man has shown himself to be a tactically astute and mature manager for about 6 years now at least. He also prefers a pretty simple, but effective, 4-4-2. I wrote a post a week or two ago saying that a 4-4-2 may be the best fit for our squad, so it's a no-brainer in my opinion.

I think we will get Spalleti or Allegri if we're lucky. Marcelino is ok though. I wouldn't say know. He can bring that young Korean CAM among others as well.