For the modern Milanista

naraku

Re: Transfer Rumours

01 Oct 2019, 04:29

Did everyone see Honda's tweet ? First to Man Utd then at us to come back. Well, at least he's a real CAM.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

02 Oct 2019, 17:13

naraku wrote:
Did everyone see Honda's tweet ? First to Man Utd then at us to come back. Well, at least he's a real CAM.

He's better than Suso right now. No joke. I'd take him back. Probably shouldn't have left in the first place, because when he left, Suso became the undroppable bum that he is.

I like this. Either the players will continue to ignore Giampaolo, which it seems likely that they have been, or they realize that listening to your coach might actually get the team results. Nobody likes losing. I think it's fair to say that if our players really commit to heart what's being worked on in training, we'll play better. As much as Giampaolo's been a train wreck so far, I don't think it's untrue when he has lamented how we've played totally differently in training compared to what we've all seen in the games. I saw Giampaolo's tactics in pre-season (barring the Cesena game). After that, we've slowly unraveled, so whatever the disconnect is between training and the live games, that's what needs to be ironed out.

If the above report is true, and Giampaolo stepped out of his comfort zone by really taking it to the squad, then I'm glad, because that means he's willing to change his man-management style.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

04 Oct 2019, 18:34

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

06 Oct 2019, 20:37

C'mon, B&M. Bring in Marcelino.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

06 Oct 2019, 21:27

Allegri > Marcelino > Garcia > Spalletti > Rino > Pioli

naraku

07 Oct 2019, 05:42

LemonCookies wrote:
Allegri > Marcelino > Garcia > Spalletti > Rino > Pioli

You talked about Marcelino the other day ! Lol

I don't mind Spalletti. His side's usually make CL and I think he would actually bench Suso relatively quickly. He is no idiot from that POV.

Would you consider Wenger ? I think he had become stale at Arsenal, but his time off might of recharged him. I would consider him for 2 year's if Max isn't available.

naraku

07 Oct 2019, 05:44

Side note: Silva has his 3rd goal. Cutrone 1. Piatek with 2 , but 0 from open play.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

07 Oct 2019, 16:10

naraku wrote:
You talked about Marcelino the other day ! Lol

I don't mind Spalletti. His side's usually make CL and I think he would actually bench Suso relatively quickly. He is no idiot from that POV.

Would you consider Wenger ? I think he had become stale at Arsenal, but his time off might of recharged him. I would consider him for 2 year's if Max isn't available.

Seems like it's Spalletti. Not a bad appointment. He always gets the most out of his squads. Almost won the title with Roma a few years back, two straight 4th place CL finishes with Inter. And as you say, I think it's likely that he benches the likes of Hakan and Suso. I'd imagine we'd lineup with something like:

Donna
Cala - Musa - Roma - Theo
Kessie - Ben
Rebic - Paq - Bona
Leao

naraku

08 Oct 2019, 13:21

I can't believe out of everyone who is available we're going with Pioli :fp: :fp:

Gazidis won't even step in and sign Wenger?

Pioli had 1 good season 4-5 year's ago with Lazio but since then....
If he's appointed , I see us : missing CL, Losing Roma and Gigio, extending Suso and making him captain and us getting renamed to A.C. Midtable-an.
* I did hear he did a good job with the player's after Astori passed away, so maybe his man management isn't too bad*

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

08 Oct 2019, 16:58

naraku wrote:
I can't believe out of everyone who is available we're going with Pioli :fp: :fp:

Gazidis won't even step in and sign Wenger?

Pioli had 1 good season 4-5 year's ago with Lazio but since then....
If he's appointed , I see us : missing CL, Losing Roma and Gigio, extending Suso and making him captain and us getting renamed to A.C. Midtable-an.
* I did hear he did a good job with the player's after Astori passed away, so maybe his man management isn't too bad*

Bro, this is PRECISELY what I was thinking in the shower just now. Absolutely mental that we're going after Pioli. Our management's out of its gotdamn mind. Pioli's gonna have to pull off a miracle to turn this shit around. That one Lazio season? Oh yeah, all he actually got was 69 points. 69. One more than Rino did last season with a bunch of shit.

Shocking that B&M don't want to pay a little more for a real coach in Spalletti. I'm already tired of them. I thought maybe they'd actually do well, but nope. Both are land barnacles. Gazidis too if he's just sitting around giving his seal of approval for this abject disaster of an appointment.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

08 Oct 2019, 17:05

Only good thing with Pioli is that he is able to get results quickly, but those tend to run out after the honeymoon is over. It feels like he's just a plug in for this season, and then we're gonna have to restart YET AGAIN this summer. Why not Spalletti now, and keep him a couple of seasons? I don't get this revolving door of managers. Every new management we have does the same thing.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

10 Oct 2019, 00:36

Interesting that Pioli comes in, and Caldara's immediately training with us again. Seems that he's rated highly by Pioli, which is good, because we need him back. Don't want to see any defender rumors anymore. Our defense has been fine for several years now. Hopefully this remains the same with Pioli and he can help to unlock our midfield and attack. I think it'll become clear what personnel we need to bring in during the January window after a few months with a new coach.

naraku

11 Oct 2019, 10:05

Even though Yonghong Li is no longer the owner of AC Milan, the Chinese businessman could still be facing further problems in relation to the club. In fact, China have opened an investigation into the 50-year-old. - ANSA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

naraku

11 Oct 2019, 10:07

LemonCookies wrote:
Interesting that Pioli comes in, and Caldara's immediately training with us again. Seems that he's rated highly by Pioli, which is good, because we need him back. Don't want to see any defender rumors anymore. Our defense has been fine for several years now. Hopefully this remains the same with Pioli and he can help to unlock our midfield and attack. I think it'll become clear what personnel we need to bring in during the January window after a few months with a new coach.

I still think, as Boban has said, that we need some more experienced players.

It seems Pioli will play 4-2-3-1.

Hopefully, if Suso and Hakan don't pick up, Pioli will have the balls to bench them. Enough starting players who don't deserve it bc they MIGHT make a great pass or goal.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

12 Oct 2019, 17:20

naraku wrote:
I still think, as Boban has said, that we need some more experienced players.

It seems Pioli will play 4-2-3-1.

Hopefully, if Suso and Hakan don't pick up, Pioli will have the balls to bench them. Enough starting players who don't deserve it bc they MIGHT make a great pass or goal.

Pioli doesn't seem like a coach to bend over for individuals. This is one reason why he failed at the end of his tenure with Inter. Too many egos. Here, we don't have as many. We definitely have selfish players, but they're just unwilling to adapt (Suso, Kessie, now Piatek to some extent). Hopefully Pioli gets them to actually play like team members. Otherwise, I bet he benches them. We have decent depth this season, much more so than last season, so Pioli has options if he decides to trust in Suso, Hakan, etc. and they continue to under perform.