For the modern Milanista

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: Transfer Rumours

10 Nov 2019, 17:31

Cagliari currently teaching Serie A how to build a team. Quality manager. Quality veterans. Quality youth. I won't be surprised if they supplant Atalanta for CL this season. The irony is that Maran is killing it with a 4-3-1-2. My brain hurts.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

13 Nov 2019, 18:18

Interesting, but unsurprising, interview from Monto. The Fiorentina game was an abject debacle, and fell squarely on Gattuso's shoulders. The game was tied, and we had no other midfielders left except for Monto, and Rino went with a Calabria-Hakan midfield two when Mauri got injured. Surprise surprise, we conceded a few minutes later and lost the match. Whatever you think of Monto or Gattuso, that game was inexplicable and inexcusable. I mean, just look at the Zidane/Bale situation. When injuries piled up for them, and despite the both of them hating each other, Zidane played Bale and Bale played well. Whatever the reason was/is for Rino's intense dislike for Monto, it should never have gotten in the way of him playing Monto when he needed to. Instead, he refused to and we pissed away 4th last season because Rino entrenched himself further and further into being unwilling to change.

It's striking to me how our two best midfielders in the banter era - Montolivo and Bakayoko - both ended up on the same team and who both had icy relationships with Gattuso. Now they're both gone. Meanwhile, we've started the current season at an almost all-time worst pace with a largely toothless rabble of a midfield.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

13 Nov 2019, 18:24

And now we're continuing to be linked with the likes of Xhaka. Fucking kill me. Just bring in one or two of Javi Martinez, Rakitic, or Modric. Get it done.

naraku

13 Nov 2019, 21:34

LemonCookies wrote:
And now we're continuing to be linked with the likes of Xhaka. Fucking kill me. Just bring in one or two of Javi Martinez, Rakitic, or Modric. Get it done.

Do not want Xhaka!

Di Marzio: “At the moment Milan are not concretely interested in Ibrahimovic. Mandzukic? More feasible that he moves abroad in case he leaves Juventus. No Italian club have come forward for him in a concrete manner.”

Di Marzio: “Kessie has always been on the market and was never unsellable. After his scuffle with Biglia and some disagreements with Maldini something broke down in his relationship with Milan. We need to see if an interesting opportunity for him and the club arises in January.”

Di Marzio: “Milan need players with experience. Profiles like Rakitic and Modric would be welcome, I don’t know whether in January or July. If I have to imagine an Italian club where Modric can play I see Milan, because he is an old target for the club regardless of Boban.”

If not Ibra, then Cavani please ! 32, free in July and has experience in Italy.
Last edited by naraku on 13 Nov 2019, 21:37, edited 1 time in total.

naraku

13 Nov 2019, 21:35

LemonCookies wrote:
Interesting, but unsurprising, interview from Monto. The Fiorentina game was an abject debacle, and fell squarely on Gattuso's shoulders. The game was tied, and we had no other midfielders left except for Monto, and Rino went with a Calabria-Hakan midfield two when Mauri got injured. Surprise surprise, we conceded a few minutes later and lost the match. Whatever you think of Monto or Gattuso, that game was inexplicable and inexcusable. I mean, just look at the Zidane/Bale situation. When injuries piled up for them, and despite the both of them hating each other, Zidane played Bale and Bale played well. Whatever the reason was/is for Rino's intense dislike for Monto, it should never have gotten in the way of him playing Monto when he needed to. Instead, he refused to and we pissed away 4th last season because Rino entrenched himself further and further into being unwilling to change.

It's striking to me how our two best midfielders in the banter era - Montolivo and Bakayoko - both ended up on the same team and who both had icy relationships with Gattuso. Now they're both gone. Meanwhile, we've started the current season at an almost all-time worst pace with a largely toothless rabble of a midfield.

And we missed CL by 1pt. Sure there where other game's like Benevento disasters but.....

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

14 Nov 2019, 21:02

January:

Sell Suso, bring in Callejon.
Sell or release Borini, bring in Ibra.
Sell Kessie, bring in Rakitic.
Sell Rodriguez to buffer those above purchases.

Summer:

Renew Donna and Ale
Sell one of Calabria or Conti and bring in Aurier.
Sell or release Biglia, bring in Modric, Javi Martinez, or Fernandinho.
Loan Gabbia, bring in Demiral, Savic, or Javi Martinez.

naraku

16 Nov 2019, 03:03

Jean Kean, the father of Everton striker Moise Kean, appeared on Centro Suono Sport and was asked about the future of his son:

"My son going to England was a mistake because he's still a youngster and isn't doing well there. I hope he can return to Italy soon. I'd be happy if there was a chance to bring him to Roma or Milan."

He is an interesting prospect and fits our youth policy. Not sure he is the right player.

Di Marzio on Ibrahimovic’s future: “The most concrete contacts are with Mihajlovic & Bologna. Napoli and Milan are also evaluating whether to make an offer or not. There could also be other clubs interested. If Milan can afford him? Yes, they only need to pay his salary.”

Di Marzio on Donnarumma: “His contract expires in two years. He has to either renew next summer or it’ll become for Milan to set the right price for him. Milan have to be very convincing not to Gigio but to his agent, in economic terms and in terms of the project.”

Ibra for free at 4M is a no brainer.

As much as Donna is a top GK, he and Raiola MUST know there's plenty of top keeper's out there. Maybe our own Plizzari or Gollini, Cragno, Lafont, Oana (spelling) come to mind within 10 seconds of who could come in.
I think Gigio does love Milan and he sees himself as a leader it seems, but if he's stupid enough to listen to fat fucker then....

Milan and Monaco are following Brazilian talent Jean Pyerre. He is ready to move to Europe in January. First contacts have taken place

AC Milan are still following Wolves midfielder Ruben Neves, a report claims, but rivals Juventus have apparently stepped up their interest

We want Neves, they want Kessie. Kessie +15M

naraku

16 Nov 2019, 03:06

LemonCookies wrote:
January:

Sell Suso, bring in Callejon.
Sell or release Borini, bring in Ibra.
Sell Kessie, bring in Rakitic.
Sell Rodriguez to buffer those above purchases.

Summer:

Renew Donna and Ale
Sell one of Calabria or Conti and bring in Aurier.
Sell or release Biglia, bring in Modric, Javi Martinez, or Fernandinho.
Loan Gabbia, bring in Demiral, Savic, or Javi Martinez.

I see we are looking at Deul again, so maybe Rebic is either gone already or goes right ?

Out of your CB options, I like Savic.He was great at Fior.

We then just need a back up LB for Theo. I wouldn't change much other than what you said but I hope we keep tabs on Cavani with or without Ibra coming.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

16 Nov 2019, 17:50

naraku wrote:
I see we are looking at Deul again, so maybe Rebic is either gone already or goes right ?

Out of your CB options, I like Savic.He was great at Fior.

We then just need a back up LB for Theo. I wouldn't change much other than what you said but I hope we keep tabs on Cavani with or without Ibra coming.

Agreed. I'd welcome Deu. If Mohammed Fares comes back from his injury playing as well as he did last season, I'd maybe look at him. Similar player to Theo, and even though Raiola is his agent, that could open the door for him coming here, depending on whether he'd be fine as a backup. If we can actually get into Europe, I think it's fair for backups to play maybe 20 games a season, which isn't a bad haul. Serie A, Coppa, and Europe provides a lot of competition and opportunity to play. He's also Algerian, so molto connection with Ben.

~

Rather funny that we're hesitant to bring in Rakitic because, SHOCKER, world class players require big wages and a transfer fee. Like, c'mon B&M. If y'all want Milan to get back to where we belong, it ain't through Krunic-like deals across the board. We need veteran, world-or-near-world-class players to come here. Without them, we're gonna end up with seasons like this one.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

18 Nov 2019, 00:09

Wouldn't be keen on sending Kessie to a competitor in the league, but I'd gladly take Florenzi, Allan, etc. in exchange.

Serie Beast

18 Nov 2019, 15:14

Not a fan of Piatek's latest words. He thinks he's worth 38m and wants to be worth 60 if he changes clubs again? How about no to both. Your value has gone down since your poor start to the season, sweet cheeks. And if you think you're going to leave Milan on a big money transfer in a few years, then you've set yourself up to be hated by the fans for being a mercenary.

I'd prefer to sell him and stick with Leao at this point. As a hold-up man and finisher (who's ironically not done the latter so far), Piatek isn't suited to the midfield we have, which is incapable of creating chances. We need a striker who can create his own chances and goals, and Leao, with his athleticism, is way better at that.

ArX

19 Nov 2019, 12:29

Serie Beast wrote:
Not a fan of Piatek's latest words. He thinks he's worth 38m and wants to be worth 60 if he changes clubs again? How about no to both. Your value has gone down since your poor start to the season, sweet cheeks. And if you think you're going to leave Milan on a big money transfer in a few years, then you've set yourself up to be hated by the fans for being a mercenary.

I'd prefer to sell him and stick with Leao at this point. As a hold-up man and finisher (who's ironically not done the latter so far), Piatek isn't suited to the midfield we have, which is incapable of creating chances. We need a striker who can create his own chances and goals, and Leao, with his athleticism, is way better at that.

He tries to sell himself as confident and calculated but in the last interview he came across as a twat

naraku

20 Nov 2019, 03:20

Serie Beast wrote:

I would sell him and like you said, back in Leao.
But, getting Ibra or Cavani to support and groom him is ideal I think.

naraku

20 Nov 2019, 03:21

Pochettino out at Spurs, Mourinho favourite to take over.

If you had a choice of the three, who do you take ?
Poch, Allegri, Carletto ?

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

20 Nov 2019, 05:47

naraku wrote:
Pochettino out at Spurs, Mourinho favourite to take over.

If you had a choice of the three, who do you take ?
Poch, Allegri, Carletto ?

Allegri > Poch > Carlinho.