highrider

Re: Leonardo Araújo

26 Jul 2018, 19:46

Full interview of Leo and Scaroni

naraku

28 Jul 2018, 09:09

Welcome back Leonardo !!

Seems to really know what we need right now and will almost be a legend if he gets us Caldara-Bonucci swap plus Higuain on loan.

Plus, isn't he the one who got at Kaka back in the day ?

Jasper
The Maldini of Multimedia

28 Jul 2018, 11:04

seinfeld_leaving.gif
Only Maldini can judge me

Jasper

06 Aug 2018, 06:45

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

05 Sep 2018, 08:47

naraku

05 Sep 2018, 11:51

Very happy with his work so far, happy birthday to Leonardo !

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

24 Sep 2018, 08:58

‘Milan must change their mentality’

Milan director Leonardo believes the club must change their ‘mentality’ if they want to challenge for the Scudetto.

Milan dropped more points on Sunday, letting Atalanta come back twice to draw 2-2 at San Siro, and Leonardo admits there is a problem with the Rossoneri’s psyche.

“Mentality? It’s not an excuse but if you look at the last five years, Milan finished far away from the top positions,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“It’s normal if we’ve lost the belief of a great team. Today we could’ve gone in 2-0 up at half-time, but then the anxiety set in.

“We have to change, but it’s normal if we think the top positions are far away. I’m very convinced that with this squad and group, we can manage these situations better on a mental level and kill off these games, which can put us in different situations.

“It’s normal for a team like Milan to have the expectation of a great team, fighting for important things.

“We’re convinced we can do that this year, also with the others struggling. The important thing is to know that difficult times aren’t decisive. We must look forward and be calm.

“Our objective is to change the mentality of being a seventh-placed team. We can give a signal in our next few matches.

“Gazidis? We need to take responsibility, the whole club have to. Clubs win Leagues, and we’re building a team who can do that.

“It’s normal for the process to be gradual. I think the club must also have a winning mentality so the team can get results.

“We’re still under construction, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do something immediately.”

https://www.football-italia.net/128400/ ... -mentality

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

11 Oct 2018, 16:08

Leonardo: ‘Why I joined Inter’

Milan general manager Leonardo explains he went to Inter as Coach “for several reasons” but above all to work with Massimo Moratti.

The Brazilian had two spells with the Rossoneri as a player, and was also Coach for the 2009-10 season.

However, he disappointed many Diavolo fans in December 2010, when he took over their city rivals.

“It was Milan who made me a Coach,” Leonardo explained as he accepted the 2018 Premio Liedholm.

“I didn’t want to do it, but after we started we did the whole thing together. I went to Inter for several reasons, but the main trigger was Moratti.

“I had relationships with a lot of the Brazilian Inter players when I was playing, and I always tried to stay close to Ronaldo and help him.

“Our relationship was born there. I shared thousands of projects with his daughter, Carlotta, and I met Moratti many times.

“This is now the fourth time I’ve come back to Milan, and all were based on emotion.”

Leonardo has given up coaching to focus on being a director, and he explained some of the reasons for that.

“I’ve done a bit of everything in my career. Having done so many different roles, I have a clear idea what my limitations are.

“Players and Coaches win games, clubs win league titles. They live in the short term, whereas for a club it’s long term and it’s not easy.

“Being solid, consistent, and building lasting relationships is important.

“You experience different emotions as a Coach. The Coach lives his life tied to results, as a director you have to be more solid.

“With Adriano Galliani I did my six years of University. I think it was a practical University course and Milan was perfect for that in every respect.”

https://www.football-italia.net/129190/leonardo-‘why-i-joined-inter’

Jasper

12 Oct 2018, 04:44

:monto: needs more dragons, tho.

milanist
The Franck of Tanks

27 Oct 2018, 00:06

Leonardo: 'Milan rumours normal'

Milan director Leonardo said the defeat to Inter “hurt,” but slapped down rumours Gennaro Gattuso could be fired if they don’t beat Betis.

“It’s natural after a game like Inter that ended like that, in stoppage time, hurts and leaves a sense of bitterness. This team has things we need to work on and when it doesn’t go well, it hits our confidence,” the director general told Sky Sport Italia.

“There are ups and downs, that’s the truth, but there’s a whole season ahead of us and we want to find consistency as quickly as possible. A victory today would put us in a very strong position to qualify and that’d be a good signal, but there’s time even if we don’t seal it with three points against Betis.

“At the same time, we must never forget where we started from. It has been an anomalous year, there are many areas we still need to work on and it is part of a journey.

“With the hypothetical three points against Genoa, we’d be in fifth place. If you look at the statistics, the numbers are on our side and we are on the right track.”

Leonardo was asked about the reports Milan are ready to fire Gattuso and bring in Roberto Donadoni.

“I think Gattuso and all of us are accustomed to this, because a club like Milan will always be surrounded by rumours and speculation. It’s not a problem to discuss things with Gattuso, as we’ve known each other for 20 years and have been through so much together. We talk things over every day and continue to exchange ideas. As he said, there will never be a lack of respect.

“The rumours are normal, but I think now people recognise that and realise the rumours emerge and go away within a couple of days. It’s part of the game, we try to ignore it and I can assure you there’s no truth in suggestions we contacted any other Coach.”

https://www.football-italia.net/129825/ ... urs-normal