LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

[Serie A] Bologna - AC Milan 8 December 2019 @19:45

08 Dec 2019, 18:49

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

Re: [Serie A] Bologna - AC Milan 8 December 2019 @19:45

08 Dec 2019, 18:52

Supremely important that we pick up all 3 points here. No excuses. Hard fought draw isn't good enough.

naraku

09 Dec 2019, 01:30

At this stage I don't care how, just that we did.

Overall, I think we where really good. Hakan AGAIN proving he is not starting material. He comes off and Samu comes on and we looked dangerous as anything. Kessie is still a worry with his seemingly limited brain capacity, Suso great assist but we still lose too much when he gets on or around the ball.

Piatek looked a lot better out there, Conti is doing great and despite the penalty, Theo scoring again is just too good.

BTW, Bologna's RB is worth a look if we need a back up or different to Conti.

LemonCookies
Calshio Expert

09 Dec 2019, 20:17

naraku wrote:
At this stage I don't care how, just that we did.

Overall, I think we where really good. Hakan AGAIN proving he is not starting material. He comes off and Samu comes on and we looked dangerous as anything. Kessie is still a worry with his seemingly limited brain capacity, Suso great assist but we still lose too much when he gets on or around the ball.

Piatek looked a lot better out there, Conti is doing great and despite the penalty, Theo scoring again is just too good.

BTW, Bologna's RB is worth a look if we need a back up or different to Conti.

Pretty much agree with you. I actually thought Suso was pretty good. He's been playing better in Pioli's Christmas tree 4-3-3. He's not as stranded on the wing where he 1) can't beat his man, and 2) is reduced to being a crossing bot. Defense is missing still, but that actually doesn't matter because Conti has transformed himself completely into being a more than competent defensive right back.

Also, I thought Piatek was pretty bad. Not sure what I was missing. A lot of aimless headers and poor linkup plays, aside from 1 or 2. I guess better than the usual this season, but that's not saying much...

Also, also, Theo could learn a thing or two from Conti about defending. Even though I thought both of his errors this game were a bit soft, he needs to work on his defending. Attacking? Complete. Defending still has a long way to go. The good thing is that he has the mentality and work rate that is needed to make meaningful change in his game, so hopefully he realizes that we need him to be more defensively mature.

Shout out to Bona, as well. He's an above average player still, but for this team - and every team he's been in - this makes him world class for us and is undroppable. Am happy that he's been MOTM pretty much 3 games in a row.

naraku

12 Dec 2019, 00:31

LemonCookies wrote:

Pretty much agree with you. I actually thought Suso was pretty good. He's been playing better in Pioli's Christmas tree 4-3-3. He's not as stranded on the wing where he 1) can't beat his man, and 2) is reduced to being a crossing bot. Defense is missing still, but that actually doesn't matter because Conti has transformed himself completely into being a more than competent defensive right back.

Also, I thought Piatek was pretty bad. Not sure what I was missing. A lot of aimless headers and poor linkup plays, aside from 1 or 2. I guess better than the usual this season, but that's not saying much...

Also, also, Theo could learn a thing or two from Conti about defending. Even though I thought both of his errors this game were a bit soft, he needs to work on his defending. Attacking? Complete. Defending still has a long way to go. The good thing is that he has the mentality and work rate that is needed to make meaningful change in his game, so hopefully he realizes that we need him to be more defensively mature.

Shout out to Bona, as well. He's an above average player still, but for this team - and every team he's been in - this makes him world class for us and is undroppable. Am happy that he's been MOTM pretty much 3 games in a row.
LemonCookies wrote:

Regarding Piatek, I thought he held the ball very well and he seemed to compete (aerial duel's) and move a little better.

Suso was fine and Pioli has sorted him and his bad habits a little bit but I would still much rather him have less responsibility on him , ideally Suso would come off the bench the last 15 mins but that won't happen.

Conti- who would of thought that coming up against arguably one of the best 2 player's of the last 20 year's would of just woken him up ? I thought CR7 would of had a field day against Conti. But if he can help out Theo defensively, we have great FB's for 10 yearsm